Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Random Changes

Hello everyone!

How is your week going so far?  It has been going fine for me.  No complaints so far!  

I've been making some tiny changes around the house.  Nothing new for me.  Thought I'd share a few pics with you.

I've had this old, chippy, peeling, painted piece of tin for years.  It used to hang above my tub in the master bathroom.  I decided to move it to the top of my grey secretary in the sitting room.  It's just simple and country.

  
Where did the other items go that were on top of here before?  Well, I'm sorry to say they are now residing in my cold basement.  Such is life!  LOL!

One of my favorite changes is a big surprise to even myself.  Remember the new pillow sham I bought for my bed?  Well, I decided to give it a try in my foyer, just for kicks, and well...........the rest is history.  


I liked it here better.  Now........where did the blue and white grain sacks go that were on this bench?  

Why in their very own basket of course.


I found these cute little plates too.  They were dirt cheap!  I stacked them under my little plant in the foyer.


They are apparently old restaurant plates, I was told.

And, finally, the last little change I made was putting this sweet little drop cloth ruffled material on a bench  next to my chair in the family room. 


It was custom made by Ann for a little stool I had, but it has made its rounds on other items too.  I had no idea how versatile it was!  

So, that's it for today.  

Until next time.........

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Kelly ~

Linking to:  Wow-Us-Wednesdays

28 comments:

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

I really like the chippy, peeling paint on that tin square. I see you are playing musical chairs with your pillows again...which is always fun to move stuff around. The new pillow looks great under your mirror

Karen said...

Good Tuesday to you. I like the chippy tin with the green plant, great contrast...so simple and sweet. Thanks for sharing those changes. Nest in Peace...Karen at acapecodnest

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Your changes always look fabulous Kelly! I love the chippy tin piece on top of your secretary along with the little evergreen.

Anne said...

I love that chippy metal piece Kelly!And you pillow looks perfect in it's new spot!
xx
Anne

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I have always loved that tin piece. Cute plates.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Kelly, The tin tile is wonderful and I love the cute bench cover. If you ever decide to get rid of those fabulous feed sack pillows please send them my way. xx, Sherry

Ron said...

Great pieces. Wonderful displays, Kelly!

Pamela said...

Kelly love all your little changes and that pillow looks fabulous in your foyer!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Love the old tin chippy ceiling piece...

Debra@CommonGround said...

your bench, pillows and wonderful mirror are just gorgeous!! isn't it fun to change things up?

Olive said...

The chippy tin piece is fantastic:]

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Kelly,
I really like that pillow on your bed, but it does look pretty amazing in the foyer as well. Love the mirror and the plates too!
All the Best,
Christine

Unknown said...

Should that sweet chippy tin piece go missing, do NOT come over to my place. :-) You pillow is a good fit int he foyer, but then I luved it in the bedroom as well.
Read your post about the white dishes to my future DIL and now we are on the hunt!! My Mr. said 'thanks' hahahahaha.
Have a wonderful evening.
Hugs, Gee

Marissa said...

Just so beautiful

cynthia lee designs said...

Love the tin piece! I have one sort of like it...but mine is not as chippy as yours. Love the pillow in your foyer...it looks great there!
~Cindy

Deserae said...

Love all the changes....your little plates are so pretty too!
~Des

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Kelly, you make everything so much fun. It's like you have a whole new house every week. I love to see it all..Happy Wednesday..Judy

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your foyer is a show stopper with that gorgeous mirror and your artfully hung plates. So pretty! And the pillow won't get wrinkled there. :)

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

So grateful for the link...thank you! The little cover does look perfect on that table. Your basket of pillows sort of makes my heart flutter. :o)

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I love, love, love the tin piece! Your new pillow looks great on your bench too. That's the great thing about owning so many pillows...you can always be re-decorating your house by moving them around!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love your changes and "domino effect" Kelly...it all looks wonderful...and I am sure one day we shall see those items again surface from the cold basement!!

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

You have such a pretty home and blog. I love the different shades of white and gray. I'd love it if you linked this to my new linky party, "What We've Accomplished Wednesdays." It is live right now.

Have a great week!
Deborah

This N That said...

I've had better weeks..Dentist yesterday..UGI scope tomorrow (guess that's better than the other)..Aren't you glad you asked??
Plates look wonderful...

Christine at Little Brags said...

love your new pillow on the bench...it POPS....LOVE IT

20 North Ora said...

Great changes. Isn't it fun when things work out in different rooms/places? They all look great.

Judy

Unknown said...

What gorgeous vignettes - that chippy metal plate is just beautiful!!!
XXX

Linda at French Hollow said...

Don't you just love how you can entirely redecorate with things in your own home? Beautifully done. I'm new to your blog. It's very nice!

Anonymous said...

So happy to have found your blog. I really love the vignettes you create and I can relate to the post about switching lamps around...do it all the time. Happy to be following you now.
melinda