Tuesday, November 13, 2012

On the Mend and a Wonderful Surprise!

Hello everyone!
 
First I want to thank everyone for their kind words and well wishes while I was battling an awful bout of Colitis.  If anyone has ever had it, they know how miserable it can be.  I'm not 100% over it, but have gotten more of my energy back which allows me to post again.  Before, I felt like doing nothing! 
 
Also, one particular blogger, Bliss Ranch, had me laughing at this hysterical post in my honor!  Bliss, I owe you a chalk project for sure.
 
Now, the big surprise I have to share with you is this package I received in the mail today. 
 

 
It is from Ann Drake of Sutton Place Designs.  You probably know her blog, On Sutton Place,  Ann is a wonderful seamstress (something I am not).  She inquired about the measurements of my little foot stool that I recently made over. She offered to make me a custom ruffled slipcover  for it.  I was expecting just a form fitting cover with a small ruffle around the edges.  Little did I know that it would look like this!
 

 
Can't see it very well?  Here's a better view.
 
 
I was over joyed to see it with full ruffles and a nice thick drop cloth material that has been prewashed for softness.  The best part about it is that it just drapes over the top of the stool.  It's not really fitted.  I like that!
 
Here is the underside of it.
 
 
I love ruffles and this one has plenty!
 
Here is the stool before:
 
 
And here is the after again:
 

 
Enough said right? 
 
She went even further and sent me this beautiful tea towel she made.
 
 

It matches my home perfectly!  Now I've got to find the perfect spot for it. 
 
Ann has an Etsy shop full of wonderful ready made items too.  She recently added some Christmas pillows and stockings to her shop as well.  She also has access to real vintage grain sacks that she transforms into beautiful table runners, pillows, stockings, scented sachets and even I-pad covers.  You just have to go check it out if you haven't already been by there.  Click here to visit her shop.

Thank you Ann for your wonderful kindness!  I look forward to ordering a grain sack pillow from you in the future.  I've had my eye on them for awhile now.

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Kelly ~
 
 Linking to:  Wow-us-Wednesdays
 
 
 


33 comments:

Unknown said...

How adorable! Ann makes the prettiest items and they always look so professional. The details and planning are always evident in her projects.

Anne said...

Kelly so glad you are feeling better.My Mom suffers from that.I know how painful and miserable she is when it flares up!
Beautiful cover for your little stool! Love those ruffles!
xx
Anne

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Oh, Ann is the sweetest. How nice to make you a little slip for your stool. Much better looking now. Glad you are on the mend!

Deserae said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better! The little stool cover is so cute....love all those ruffles!!! The little tea towel is very pretty too! What sweet friends you have :o)
~Des

Linda said...

Happy to hear that you are on the mend. Yes Ann does beautiful work. That cover is just what the doctor ordered.

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Kelly, I am so glad you are feeling better now, colitis is NOT fun. Your new slip is fabulous and Ann is such a sweatheart! XO, Pinky

Olive said...

Ann is the best. Glad you are better.

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Sorry that I missed the post that you were sick, but so glad you are better. What a great little surprise "Get Well Soon" you received from Ann. So sweet.

Anonymous said...

Kelly, I'm glad to hear you're feeling much better now! What a wonderful stool cover and the tea towel is so pretty!
You take care of yourself.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

chateau chic said...

Kelly, Your ruffled stool cover is SO adorable! I love it!
Mary Alice

Unknown said...

So glad you are feeling better. I am not familiar with colitis , sorry you were under the weather :-(
What a darling little cover for your sweet stool.
Take care.
Cheers, Gee

20 North Ora said...

Glad you are feeling better. That Ann is a sweetheart and a fantastic seamstress.

Judy

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

that is so nice from her to do that. What a great surprise. Feel better, see you next week!

Anonymous said...

It is good to know you are feeling better, Kelly. I've been a tad behind in visiting. I knew you had a health problem, but did not know what you were having to deal with.

Andrea said...

glad to hear you are feeling better! That was so nice of Ann! I have several of her pillows and am waiting in a few more in the mail now!

NanaDiana said...

What a wonderful surprise that is. I really love the sweetness of it. I love her blog; she is VERY talented. xo Diana

Eclectically Vintage said...

Hi Kelly,
Glad you're feeling better and loved Bliss's post!!

Can't find your contact info - would you shoot me an email at eclecticallyvintage@gmail.com

Thanks!!
Kelly

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Ann is a sweetheart, I love the little slip! So glad your feeling better Kelly!

Blondie's Journal said...

Ann is a gem! I love all her work, she's quite talented.

I'm glad you are feeling better sweetie!

XO,
Jane

Tanna said...

Soooo glad you are feeling better, Kelly!! Hoping you are full strength soon!

Even Ann's packaging is perfect!! Love it! blessings ~ tanna

Amy Chalmers said...

That is darling Kelly!

Kim said...

I have one of Ann's tea towels - she is so talented. Love the sweet little footstool Kelly! Glad you are feeling better!
xoxo,
Kim

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

That was so sweet of Ann! I love her things so much, that when I had a giveaway recently, I gave away one of her ETSY items!

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Anne Boykin said...

Glad you are on the mend. Ann does make the nicest items. I have a couple of her pillow covers and they are gorgeous.

Bliss said...

Nothing better than ruffles and laughter to put you on the path to health. Maybe Ann and I should patent our cure? Although.... I might want to put some graphics on that ruffled stool!

Bliss

Unknown said...

I know exactly how you feel. I have crohns and man when it wants to act up you just want the world to go away. Keep strong and fight on... i'm glad your starting to feel better = )

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Kelly, glad to hear that you're feeling better! That post was just the funniest thing ever!! So cute! I love the gifts that Ann sent to you. She does great work!

Wild Oak Designs said...

Great cover....so cute and the towel is darling....
Nancy
http://wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

This N That said...

So glad that you are feeling better..Love the ruffles..Just what that little stool needed..

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Oh Kelly....what a surprise...I am sure it just made your day!!...Ann is such a wonderful person and her items are just as beautiful as she is!!! The stool is so gorgeous!!

cynthia lee designs said...

What wonderful gifts from Ann. Her work is awesome! And that little stool is the cutest thing!!
~Cindy

At The Picket Fence said...

I'm so sorry you haven't been well Kelly!! I hope you continue to get better. :-) That footstool cover is just so beautiful and such a wonderful example of the work that Ann does. She is so talented and it looks perfect in your home! :-)
Vanessa

Techwikies said...

Wow! What a fun collection! Talk about Valentine inspiration!

blessings,
How To Fix Error On iPhone or iPad