Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving at my Brother's

Hello everyone!
 
I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving with your family yesterday.  We celebrated at my brother's house. We all ate a lot of good food and waddled out of there ready to take a nap!
 
Here are few photos I took of the tables decorated for the big feast.
 
kitchen
 
 
dining room
 
 
living room
 
 
kids table
 
 
(I believe the kids had already begun rearranging this table setting before I snapped the pic!  Ha!)
 
 
The food was served buffet style from this island in the kitchen.  We had turkey, dressing, green beans, creamed corn, rice and gravy, sweet potato casserole, macaroni and cheese, cranberry sauce and rolls.  For dessert, there was pumpkin pie, chocolate chess pie and a berry pie.  It was all soooo good!
 
The best part was to have everyone under one roof to see and catch up with each other all day.  That's my favorite part of Thanksgiving.
 
Now.............I'm off to start Christmas decorating today.  Gotta lug out some boxes from the basement and start hanging some wreaths.
 
Hopefully, my decorations will turn out better than this!  Ha!
 
 
Hope you all have a good "Black Friday" today and a great weekend!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
~ Kelly ~
 


 



 


 



 


17 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

Hi Kelly, looks like you had a fantastic time. Your brother's home looks beautiful and perfect for family holiday gatherings.

Pondside said...

Thanksgiving should always feature a children's table! Your family celebration must have been joyful.......and delicious. What is ches pie?

Anne said...

Kelly your brother has a beautiful home! Looks like a fun celebration! Stay safe if you venture out to a mall!Can't wait to see your Christmas decorations!
xx
Anne

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Looks like you all had a great day, and it iS about all being together. We went to our daughter and SIL's and had a wonderful day too. Your brothers house looks like it is laid out similiar to this!!!! XO, Pinky

Tammy said...

Ha ha..I hope mine look better than that too.

have fun..tammy

NanaDiana said...

It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving and I love all the stripes in the decor. I hope you are having a wonderful Black Friday- xo Diana

ps...I may go with that one big light idea!;>)

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Hi Kelly looks like you guy's had a great day!! Happy Decorating!! I'm doing the same thing this weekend.

Jen said...

Kelly, Love the open floor plan of your brother's home. Looks beautiful. Hope your having a good day decorating!

Unknown said...

Looks like Ya'll had a good time. Are you out shopping tonight? Wait til you see the napkins I found. can you guess what they may have on them you get three guesses and the first two do not count... LOL...

Pattie

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

We were at my brother's house too. My sister-in-law went overboard with the food. Still feeling it. Looks like you had a great time.

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

I think I know who "rearranged" the kids' table...she belongs to me...

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Hey Kelly! Looks like a wonderful day and the wide open entertaining space is so welcoming. Warm and cozy. I need to drag my decorations out too. I've not decked one single hall yet! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

This N That said...

Love what I could see of your brothers home..Lots of mouths to feed..Nice that you could all be together..

An Oasis in the Desert said...

I just love seeing families having fun together!

Katarina said...

Well, Kelly, you and your loved ones obviously had a wonderful Thanksgiving day! Pumpkin pie, chocolate chess pie and a berry pie. I'm a lady who craves for sweets... :-)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Glad you had a wonderful time at your brothers...everything looked so festive and the menu sounded great!...Happy Decorating!! I am up to my elbows in glitter!

Marissa said...

That table is gorgeous!..love family get-togethers!