Sunday, May 25, 2014

A Prairie Style Wedding - Part I

Hello everyone!

Last night my husband and I attended a beautiful wedding.  It was for his cousin's son.  They had the most charming wedding reception I've seen in a long time.  I thought I would share some pics with you so you could enjoy it too.

The wedding took place in a church, but the reception was held in a train depot.  It was so quaint and charming.  It was decorated to look like it was plucked right out of the pages of a Shabby Chic Prairie Style Book.  

First, meet the cute couple.


This was part of a picture that the guests signed around upon entering. 


There was a spot for gifts on the other side of the door.


  There were tables reserved for the family with fresh flowers and candles.


But the MOST beautiful area was for the wedding party!




Fresh flowers and small votive candles were everywhere.  So romantic!






There was an open bar.


And a DJ.


People were walking around offering hors d'oeuvres before dinner as well.


I spied the wedding cake over in the corner!


It was placed on top of an old suitcase!


The food was waiting for us in chafing dishes.




Well there is just so much more to share!   You have to see the beautiful bride and groom dancing to their wedding song, All of Me, by John Legend!  Click HERE to listen to it.

Part 2 coming up next!

Thanks for stopping by.

~ Kelly ~


25 comments:

Pondside said...

How beautiful! I look forward to Part 2!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

How pretty, Kelly! Love all of the vintage touches. Can't wait to see
Part 2!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly! Oh, what a beautiful wedding - so creative and unusual! Someone had their thinking cap on. The wedding couple is just darling too. I'll be looking forward to more.
I hope you're doing okay as I haven't been in to see you in a while.
Have a wonderful Memorial Day and be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

What a gorgeous wedding! I absolutely LOVE the piece of furniture that the bar is on! I have a thing for pretty furniture legs, and those are just beautiful! And that cake! I bet it tasted as good as it looked! Such pretty surroundings for a wedding. :)

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Adorable couple and everything looks so pretty!
Blessings,
Cindy

Brenda Pruitt said...

Oh, I love the simplicity! What a cute couple.
Brenda

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

How cute!! I love all the vintage things they used and the backdrop is so cute. That is Doug's favorite song.

Linda said...

I just love it when wedding receptions are out of the ordinary....really cute!

must love junk said...

Wow, that is all breathtaking! I love all the charming, vintage touches!
Susan

Debby said...

So beautiful. I love how they used all the older pieces of furniture and the suitcases.....I saw one used for the money gifts. The little bride is so cute.

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

What a charming wedding reception! Love all the pretty vintage details.

Marsha said...

Oh, Kelly, this was a lovely post. Thank you for sharing and thank you for your kind words on my Savannah post. I also got to help a friend style her daughter's vintage-style wedding. Take a look when you get a chance, please!
Marsha

Bliss said...

The bar and the cake area.... love it!

Art and Sand said...

I love that train depot and all the details that the bride obviously brought in to make the depot special for their night.

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Wow Kelly- what a cute wedding you attended. I love that the bride embraced something she loves and incorporated it into the wedding. Looks like it was a fun event!

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

I've never seen such a pretty reception! Love the vintage details. Can't wait for part 2.

Olive said...

How gorgeous! Love the details.

Junkchiccottage said...

Kelly,
How sweet. What an adorable couple. The wedding looked so beautiful. Love all the wonderful natural touches and of course the John Legend song just melts your heart.
Happy Memorial Day.
Kris

Unknown said...

Hi Kelly, What a delightful wedding part 1! I love how very creative Becky's projects are. So fanciful! There's really a lot of inspiration in these gorgeous pictures. Brenda, such a fun site to find!
Can't wait for part 2.
Hanging Wine Bottle Rack

This N That said...

Beautiful..what a great idea..

Raination Nation said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

What a cool place for a reception! I love all the old brick!

Bonnie said...

Love the milk glass vases and vintage goodness on the tables. Neat pieces of furniture to serve drinks and food.

What a beautiful couple. Congrats to them.

Wanda said...

Oh my goodness, how charming!! Love the train station. What a great idea.

Every table looked elegant. Thanks for sharing...can't wait to see more.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

What a incredibly wonderful place to have a reception..the "train station" and its ambience just fit in so well with the decor/theme of the wedding reception...so many great details...I love how they placed the cake on the vintage suitcase..and talk about that bar!...Thanks for sharing Kelly!!!