Thursday, November 13, 2014

Thanksgiving Vignettes

Hello everyone!



I was invited to participate in a fun blog hop party featuring Thanksgiving style vignettes.  Sherry from No Minimalist Here set it up and I'm honored to be a part of it.  Thank you, Sherry, for inviting me to participate!  

So, let's get started............

Of course, one of the main rooms that time is spent in on Thanksgiving is the dining room.  

So, I made a center piece for the table by placing wheat, a gourd, and a squash in a weathered wooden tray.



On the side board, I filled a pitcher with eucalyptus and some Fall foliage.  A couple of small white pumpkins round it out.



Of course, while there is cooking being done in the kitchen, everyone is usually gathered around the TV in the family room watching football.  So, I have some vignettes set up in there too.

On the fireplace mantel, some simple curly willow and some magnolia flowers set the scene.


On the hearth, a large white pumpkin sits on top of some colorful oak leaves.


There is a chest in the family room that I like to add vignettes to.  It serves as an extra place for a lamp and some added storage.  I brought in some Fall color by adding some colorful leaves.


Then, I jazzed up the antique scale with some guinea feathers and small pumpkins.  





In my sitting room, I added a couple of small pumpkins to my secretary.  I kept it very simple so it wouldn't be too busy with everything already on the shelves.





For me, decorating for Thanksgiving is about bringing in some Fall color and things found in nature.  Simple leaves, pumpkins, sticks, wheat etc are enough to make me feel the warmth of the season.  Remember, if you're hosting Thanksgiving, your house is already going to be full of guests and the kitchen will probably be getting the most use it has had all year!  So, you don't want to over do it.  I like to keep it simple, yet pretty. Many of my other surfaces will be used to hold food and drinks.  So, I can't decorate every surface!  

Hope you all enjoyed my Thanksgiving vignettes.  For more ideas, be sure to click on these blogs below.  They are all being featured this week too.


Wednesday


Thursday




Friday






Thanks so much for stopping by!

~ Kelly ~

33 comments:

Barbara @ 21 Rosemary Lane said...

So pretty Kelly! I love all of your vignettes. But that adorable pumpkin decked out in tweed and the antique scale with the quinea feathers stole the show for me! Thank you so much for sharing and have a wonderful day!!!
XO Barbara

NanaDiana said...

Kelly- That looks really good! I love all your sweet Fall touches and you have not overdone it at all. I agree-sometimes we forget that the food and drinks and desserts create their own vignettes and we need to remember that they add to the decor, too.

Great post- Happy Thursday- xo Diana

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Nice fall vignettes and I love the pop of fall colors against the light background.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Very pretty Kelly!! Your secretary is a favorite of mine...you always have it dressed so beautifully!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love your natural looking vignettes Kelly. Love that tweed pumpkin!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love all of your pretty vignettes and I a crushing on that herringbone pumpkin!!! Happy to be partying with you today!

Debra@CommonGround said...

Love the warm earthy organic look and feel of your wonderful Thanksgiving vignettes!

Deserae said...

Very pretty! Love your scale and that tweed pumpkin too :o)
~Des

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Each vignette is so pretty...love the pop of natural colors among the neutrals....beautifully done, Kelly! The bundle of wheat in that chunky white pot is my favorite :)Happy Thanksgiving~hugs, Poppy

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Everything is so pretty. I especially love your secretary, it is stunning and your decor is fabulous.

Ron said...

I am so honored to be part of such a great group. Your fall decor is beautiful. You are such an awesome blog "friend".

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Beautiful, Kelly! I just love the antique scale and the tweed pumpkin is adorable. Thank you so much for joining the blog hop.
Hugs,
Sherry

Christine at Little Brags said...

super awesome as always Kelly!!!! All colors of nature, not much else needed!

Cranberry Morning said...

Such beautiful vignettes! They're always so inspirational, calming, and clean. Love the look!

Linda said...

Love the nature inspired look! Well done!

Unknown said...

Hi Kelly, your home looks warm and beautiful for Thanksgiving! I think I've mentioned before how much I love the wheat on your dining room table, it looks so light and whimsical. I too like to decorate with nature and keep things simple. Have a great weekend!
Sally

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

Love all your vignettes! I think the simplicity of fall leaves adds just the right touch and I love the wooden tray on your dining table! It seems like I've really been drawn to natural decor lately and your home has just that. Very pretty!

Junkchiccottage said...

Swooning Kelly. It all looks so beautiful.
Kris

Anne said...

Beautiful vignette Kelly!

chateau chic said...

Your home looks lovely for fall! There is so much beauty in the simplicity of nature. So glad you were part of this blog hop, Kelly.
Mary Alice

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Kelly. I love how you decorate for the season. The fall colors really stand out against your beautiful gray shades. All of your vignettes are just beautiful..Happy Thursday..Judy

Katie Mansfield said...

This is lovely. I love your fall look.

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

I love your "keep it simple" philosophy, Kelly! All of your vignettes are lovely...but I especially love the first two.

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your Thanksgiving vignettes...very pretty!!
~Cindy

Linda said...

I always love seeing you 'set the stage' for the holidays and seasons!
It all looks very 'Kelly Like!!!'

Amy Chalmers said...

Yes I agree its nice to keep it simple and use naturals with regular decor for Thanksgiving. Thanks for coming over and mentioning this vignettes post party because I have four days in a row off and I want to get my dining room finished! I like your secretary vignette best~it looks perfectly styled Kelly.

Anonymous said...

I love all of the pretty vignettes you have throughout your home! They really give off a warm and happy feeling. I really love the curly willow!

Dixie Delights said...

I love them all but the feathers and tweed pumpkin stole my heart :-)

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

Kelly, everything is so pretty! I always love your decorating style. I love how you used natural elements and the colors are perfect. Beautiful fall vignettes!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful home Kelly, your Fall touches are so classy, simple and so pretty.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your house looks so pretty with fall accent colors against your whites and greys, Kelly! You're so right about not overdoing it for Thanksgiving since it's all about the food anyway. :o)
Vickie

Miss Kitty said...

Hi Kelly! I really like how you have spread small touches of Thanksgiving and nature throughout your home. It looks very classy with your already beautiful home.

Anne said...

Beautiful vignettes Kelly!