Sunday, November 23, 2014

Antique Shopping

Hello everyone!

 Last week, when it was pretty, I managed to go to an antique store that was new to me.  They had a lot of neat things for sale.  Thought I'd share some of my favorite finds with you. 

I loved this satchel!  I thought long and hard about it, but didn't get it.


They sold real gourds for great prices!  The small sizes were $3 and the large were $5.  


I thought these sock stretchers were so unique.  They would've been cute hanging off the mantel at Christmas.  


I love burlap, so these French stockings caught my eye.


Cute farmhouse signs.


Look!  I even found another manzanita branch!  This one was huge though.


Look what this sign said.  Too funny!


I'm also loving driftwood this year.  This star was pretty.


I recently bought some new boots, so I thought these leg warmers would've been cute peeking out the top.


I love these kinds of lights.  I would use a clear light bulb though.


I know you've seen these wreaths everywhere.  This one looked easy to make.  I have sheet music on hand too.  Hmmm.........


I really want a large old dough bowl.  This one had nice patina but was a bit pricey.


I remember wanting one of these elves one Christmas when I first started using red and white in my Christmas decor.  These are from Maileg and are mostly found in Sweden.  This booth had a large supply!  Now I know where to find them.


Here is a cute Christmas mouse in a matchbox.  This is also part of the Maileg series. They had a box full of these!   


What did I buy?  This hanging basket.  I fell in love with the rope hanger too.
(It is very dark and rainy today, so excuse the poor picture quality.)


I have it in my kitchen window for now holding some greenery.  I thought about using it on my front door too.


Hope you enjoyed another shopping trip with me!  It's always fun to bring you along.

Thanks for stopping by.

~ Kelly ~


28 comments:

angie said...

hallo, kelly!!! wow, was für tolle bilder!!! einen schönen abend wünscht angie

Parlor Room Ponderings said...

I love antique shopping. Lots of good things there. But you can't always buy everything you like (sigh)I like your hanging basket. You can always change it up for the seasons. Some red sprigs would look nice with the green. Have a great week! Blessings, Diane

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Kelly I have that same basket...I bought it at the Country Living Fair over the summer. I love the way it looks between the windows in your kitchen!

must love junk said...

Lots of great eye candy! Your basket is very cute and versatile. :)
Susan

Debby said...

Love all your finds. That mouse is just adorable. I have a similar basket. Happy Thanksgiving.

Debby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Wow! That looks like a really great place. I loved all of the items you showed. I have been looking for a long time for a flat basket to hang on my door. You found a wonderful one!

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

What a great place to shop! The sock stretchers are so unique and I agree that they really would look great on the mantel at Christmas time. Love all the farmhouse signs too. I know what you mean about the dough bowls. I've always wondered why they cost a fortune. You made a good choice with that hanging basket. It looks perfect hanging in your window. :)

Deserae said...

What a great shop....so many wonderful things to choose from!!! Love your new basket, it looks great in your kitchen :o)
~Des

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

How fun! Looks like a great shop! Love your new basket! You'll be able to do so may things with it and move it around from room to room as you like to do.:)

chateau chic said...

That's a great basket, Kelly! Perfect item that can be used in so many places.
Mary Alice

cynthia lee designs said...

Thanks for taking us shopping with you. Love the hanging basket that you got.
~Cindy

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

Great purchase, Kelly! That is something I would have bought! And, yes, I always love going with you on a shopping trip! You have the best places to shop near you!

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

I am like you...always go for the basket! Looks like some pretty things in that store. See you in few days.

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Sounds like you've had a fun week Kelly! I noticed the words on the burlap stocking were au Bon pain which you may know is a food vendor, mostly at upscale malls.

I'm a bit of a basket freak too and I think I would have had to take that one home with me. Good thing we weren't there together. It might have gotten ugly ;).

Unknown said...

What a cool shop! The French burlap stockings are lovely, don't think I've seen any like them before. They fit in beautifully.
Sally

Patty said...

Looks like a neat store, Kelly! Glad you found it. I just love places like this that have a little of everything. When Hubby and I went to get groceries yesterday we passed a store I didn't notice before.... gotta sneak back when he's not with me! Hope they have good stuff like you've found!

Burlap Luxe said...

Hi Kelly,
I would have chosen the wall pocket hanging basket as well. I had one of these like 15 years ago, it was green a reall great apple french green and I used it in a model home as part of the design job I was doing . I have thought of that basket often and thinking I would paint it grey and sand it now, after seeing yours I so, so wish I had mine again.

It's a wonderful piece and you will find many places to hang it. It looks great right where it is. Holly, you can place holly, or pine or boxwood in it for Christmas.

Thank you for making me Jealous :))
(In a good way for you)
Thank you my friend for taking the time to visit me over at my place and leaving a message so sweetly , adding joy to why I painted my kitchen white.

Xx
Happy ThanksGiving to you and yours.

Dore

Cynthia said...

Great spot Kelly. I really like those stockings and much more

Cindy

Junkchiccottage said...

What great shopping Kelly. Wow lots of fun treasures. Love the basket hanging in the windows. Looks unique and pretty there. Have a wonderful week ahead . Happy Thanksgiving.
Kris

SImple and Serene Living said...

Love your basket, Kelly. I bet we will see it moving around from time to time. That shop looks wonderful. I would definitely have wanted that Santa. xo Laura

rphilbeck said...

Are you selling the sock blockers? If so how much?

Love the pictures

Rowena
rphilbeck@arch.tamu.edu

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Hope Santa brings you a great dough bowl !!!...love the basket Kelly!!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Hope Santa brings you a great dough bowl !!!...love the basket Kelly!!

Bliss said...

I love everything you highlighted, and now I'm thinking about that satchel too!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

So much eye candy! Of course I love that little mouse in the matchbox. I've had fabric to make myself a Tilda mouse for 2 years now, so I may as well buy myself one! Your new basket looks pretty hanging on your window. The greens add a nice holiday touch!

Ivy and Elephants said...

Loved the shopping trip, you shared the coolest things. Your basket is so versatile, too. Great choice.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Patti

Anne said...

How fun! Beautiful treasures love that basket!