Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Planning my Master Bath Redo

Hello everyone!

Before I start a project, I like to take inventory of the things I will need to purchase in order to complete it.

Right now, my master bath is very dated.  The walls will need to be painted.  I plan to use Revere Pewter by Benjamin Moore on the walls.  

This is a picture of a bathroom with it already on the walls.




The cabinets and tile are bright white, so they will be left alone.  However, the cabinet hardware is currently brass so I plan on changing those out to an oil rubbed bronze finish.  I have my eye on these.

Cup pulls for the drawers.



Knobs for the cabinet doors.



(Note:  The fixtures that I have pictured are just ideas of what I want.  Not actual items that I will be using.)

The lighting above the mirrors will get replaced.  Currently, the lighting would match, but I don't like the style, so I'm thinking of something like this. (2 of these)



The sink faucets are currently brass, so they will get changed out too. (2 of these)



And, I can't forget the tub faucet!



The shower sprayer will be replaced with a hand held shower (not shown) and a new handle like this.



Our shower enclosure will either be replaced or painted.  Not sure yet.  It is brass too.  Can you tell that I'm desperate to move away from all the brass?!


I will also need towel rings. (2 of these)



And toilet paper holder.



For the middle of the floor, I'm thinking about a rug similar to this.




All in all, this will not be my dream bathroom, but be an updated one to flow with the rest of my house better.  

Here is a bathroom with grey walls, white tile, and bronze fixtures.



 I'm hoping to get "the feeling" of this room basically.  It is light and airy, but also classic with some farmhouse charm.

If it was my dream bathroom, then I would be doing a lot more.  So, this will have to be my  extreme budget version.  LOL!

We will begin working on this bathroom as time permits as we will be doing most of it ourselves.

I will take you along on the journey too!

Thanks for stopping by.

~ Kelly ~







31 comments:

Brenda Pruitt said...

We had rubbed bronze put in in our two bathroom remodels in TX. But alas, that is gone and now it's apartment fixtures. Ones I'm sorely tempted to change, but for the cost.
Brenda

Unknown said...

Beautiful bathroom inspiration Kelly! So nice to see as we are in the thick of a bath remodel here. I plan on cosmetic fixes for the remaining two bathrooms - so much easier to deal with than a gut job!Good luck with your remodel.
Sally

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

I like the direction you're going with your bathroom refresh! I actually spray painted some towel bars and toilet paper holders with oil rubbed bronze spray paint in our bathrooms. They were chrome and this was just cheaper than buying new ones. It's held up pretty well too. Can't wait to follow along on your bath redo!

SImple and Serene Living said...

I know it will be beautiful when you get it all done, Kelly. Can't wait to see it. xo Laura

Linda said...

Love all the inspiration shots Kelly!
Can't wait to see the finish.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Very exciting!! Pretty choices!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Kelly, It all sounds wonderful! Best of luck with your project.
xx,
Sherry

Jane@Bluebird1959 said...

I have no doubt your bathroom will be beautiful! You have some great choices picked out already. I am anxious to hear if you paint the brass on your shower. I have chrome that I would like to get rid of. Looking forward to your fun update! Jane

Wanda said...

Wonderful color combinations...it will be a masterpiece of a bathroom.

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

It's going to look wonderful!!

Katie Mansfield said...

I think I have that faucet in our powder room and I love it. You will love getting rid of the brass. I can't wait to see.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

It's going to be so pretty, Kelly...looking forward to seeing it come together!

Blondie's Journal said...

I really like how you have everything planned out, I really need to get my act in gear. We have a few tweaks in each of our two baths. I'm never sure of what I want until I'm pressed to make a decision. I think I'm the odd man out on this!

I can't wait to see what you do. And yeah...we all seem to have to do it bit by bit these days. :)

Jane x

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

You're off to a great start, and I'm sure these tweaks will make a huge difference, even though it's not your dream bath.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Sounds like you have a great plan and I am sure the end result will be so beautiful!

Maria Elena said...

I love your plans, Kelly and I think it is going to look beautiful. Love that paint color!

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

I have one bathroom that I LOVE -- except for the brass fixtures! I hadn't thought about swapping them out, but maybe I should. You gave me something to think about. I like the feel of your inspiration bathroom.

This N That said...

I did my bathroom in grey and white 2 years ago and I love it...except they used a glossy paint..Looks too institutional to me..But..I love the color..

Little Farmstead said...

Great ideas Kelly! It's going to look so good. I love the colors you're choosing.

cynthia lee designs said...

Love the ideas you have for your bathroom redo. We hope to redo our 2 bathrooms this Spring or Summer.
~Cindy

Cloudia said...

nice choices!




ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
<3

Pondside said...

We have to plan a bathroom reno too, so I'll be watching this space!

michelle said...

We are also in the process of updating our master bath. Because of the cost of replacing the tub fixture, I taped off everything and spray painted with Rustoleum ORB paint. It looks amazing, has held up perfectly, and saved me over $300! Our sink faucets weren't in good shape, so I didn't even attempt them, but when the weather warms up and I can open the windows, I am going to spray the last hold-out: the shower trim. Just something to consider...$$$!

Unknown said...

The bathroom updates are going to look great! I love the Revere Pewter we used on our main floor with Simply White. I plan to use it again. Our ensuite bath and the main bath are both in the midst of some inexpensive updates.

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

Kelly, I love the look you are going for! I'm planning on painting my bathroom sometime next month. Gray like my hallway with black accents... similar to your plan. I can't wait to see what you do. Have fun!

aarond said...

I have these very pulls on some of my cabinets and that shower head and faucet also. You will love them and it will look great.

Anne said...

Great inspiration Kelly, I love your choices! It's going to look so beautiful!

Cynthia said...

Hi Kelly, I'm finally starting to catch-up and I adore the selections you have featured. I can't wait to see how this turns out!

Cindy

Maxwell Frey said...

This is such a helpful blog. I am also thinking of redoing our master bathroom. You really show people how they can follow in your footsteps and have the bathroom of their dreams. The pictures you pull up clearly demonstrate the style that you're aiming for in your bathroom. I think the result should look great when you're finished.

Maxwell Frey @ Design Build Duluth

Troy Fleming said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Troy Fleming said...

It's best to make sure all of the items that are needed for the remodeling project are in place so that you don't have to make extra trips to the hardware store. Think about the look that you want to get in the bathroom before purchasing the supplies as well.

Troy Fleming @ Don Mills Builders