Friday, February 27, 2015

Shopping on St. Simons Island

Hello everyone!

I wanted to continue my vacation pics with you and share some great shopping we experienced at one of the nearby islands.  We spent one day at St. Simons Island.  We stopped at the Redfern Village Shopping Center where there were several nice home decor shops.

The first one we visited was called Cachettes.  (Thank you Kim for remembering the name!)


Why who could this be?  My sister, Kim, is overjoyed to see something she likes that she ended up buying in this store!



As soon as I saw these oyster shell trees, I thought of my good blogging friend, Ron, from  Uptown Acorn.  He has a wonderful collection of oyster shell items in his New Orleans home.


As soon as I stepped in this section of the store, I spotted this huge vintage dough bowl.  I've been wanting one that size for a while.  So, I bought it!  I will show you where I'm using it soon.


After we left that store, we went right next door to Violas Market.  Sorry this picture is so blurry.  All of my pics were taken with my iphone so I just snapped and walked the whole way through.  This was a large store with some very unique things.  


This beautiful bird cage had live birds in it too.



Cute things for your kitchen.


Some pillows by Sugarboo.


Next door to that store was this cute shop.  However, I don't know the name of it.  




Then we drove to another section of the shopping center and found this cute store.  It was brand new.  




After shopping, we ate lunch and then traveled to another area of St. Simons.  We found a street with lots of cute shops and restaurants lined up.  We stopped in this store and looked around.  It was packed!  


I fell in love with the sofa, chair and ottoman below.


I should've done a better job of keeping up with the names of the stores, but we were doing so much driving and shopping that I forgot to write things down.  

I hope you enjoyed our shopping trip!

I'll be back to share some other sights in Savannah next.  

My sister is sharing similar pics on her blog today too if you want to check it out!


Thanks for stopping by!

~ Kelly ~

22 comments:

Pondside said...

Wow, there are more interesting shops there than on our entire Island! Thanks for sharing the photos - I had some close looks and picked up some ideas!

Penny Carlson said...

Those shops all look great! I bet it was a lot of fun going through them. What a wonderful dough bowl!

NanaDiana said...

It is fun to go back and forth between the blogs. You each show different things. Love your pictures-iPhone quality or not- they are great. I am so glad all three of you had such a good time.

Loved the picture of the place where Kim grew up, too...and a peek at the past there.

Have a wonderful weekend- xo Diana

Deserae said...

Wonderful shops! Can't wait to see where you are using that dough bowl :o)
~Des

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

It was fun shopping there. Just wish we had more time and wish the stores didn't close so darn early.

Ron said...

I love St. Simon and Savannah! I adore all oyster items. Thanks for thinking of me:)
xo

Scribbler said...

This looks like so much fun! I see some things I would like to get my hands on, for sure.

Unknown said...

Looking at all of the lovely items in those adorable shops makes me want to plan a trip! I love the dough bowl & look forward to seeing how you style it.
Best,
Michelle from
simplysantabarbara.blogspot.com

Barbara @ 21 Rosemary Lane said...

Oh Kelly what fabulous stores! I would still be milling around them if I were with you gals. Thank you so much for sharing and can't wait to see what you do with that dough bowl.
Have a wonderful weekend!
XO Barbara

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

Can't wait to see where you use that wonderful dough bowl! What a lucky find! Love the peek into those cute shops. Looks like it was a shoppers paradise. :)

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

I could use the bread bowl to actually make bread. lol My grandma told me they used to make bread at the beginning of the week and eat it for 6 days...and back then they ate a lot of bread (well, Italians actually still do eat A LOT of bread!)

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

wow looks like some great shopping. I'd rather look in stores and junk shops than go to the beach and get burned. lucky you.

Brenda Pruitt said...

Oh, I love those big dough bowls! Can't wait to see what you do with it.
Brenda

Junkchiccottage said...

Kelly,
I love all the shops. Looks like you had some awesome shopping. I cannot wait to see what you do with the dough bowl. Have a great week end.
Kris

chateau chic said...

Looks like you had lots of great shopping...beautiful stores!
Mary Alice

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

There's nothing like a few days of shopping with your girls! I'd love a big dough bowl and I can't wait to see where you place yours!

cynthia lee designs said...

Wow...you guys went to some awesome shops. How fun to get away with your sister. It's been a long time since my sister and I went on a trip together. Need to put a trip on my things to do list.
~Cindy

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Vintage dough bowls are so interesting and full of character, I can't wait to see yours!

Lots of beautiful stores on that island to get lost in and do some damage for sure :).

Linda said...

Thanks for the tour! Love all the eye candy. I know you will love your large dough bowl. Can't wait to see how you display it.

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

So much fun Kelly! And so many pretty things. I can't wait to see your dough bowl in use. Happy Sunday!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Glad you had a great shopping day on the island...Have already contacted my friend who lives on the island to have a shopping day...see so many great things...

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

This was fun, Kelly! I've never been to St. Simons, but I would have a blast going into all of those shops! Since I already read your post about the dough bowl, it was fun to see it in the store where you bought it!