Friday, April 29, 2016

Bakery Sign

Hello everyone!

I'm so glad it's Friday.  It has been a long week. 

 I took my son to get his braces off the other day, but unfortunately, the orthodontist found a small gap between his teeth that still needed a little more tweaking.  Ugh! So, he will now get them off in June.  We hope!   Do you  know what time I took him for his appt.?  7:30 am.  Why?  Because they said it would be a lengthy appt and needed to get an early start if he didn't wanted to miss too much school. It was testing day at his school, so I scurried in there as early as possible but didn't really need to.  Oh well.  Live and learn!  

I did stumble upon something at an antique store recently that I decided would make a nice early Mother's Day gift to myself (from my hubby).  Ha!  Do you do that too?  If I don't speak up, I'm not sure what will happen.  Anyway, I found this popular Bakery sign.  





I know you've probably seen them at Decor Steals and Magnolia Market just to name a few.  But, I got a very good deal on this since I had a 20% off coupon to use plus no shipping since I picked it up.


I knew I had the perfect place for it in my kitchen.  It fits the black and white farmhouse style so well.


The lady, that sold it to me, asked if I was a baker.  Uh........huh?  No!  At least not professionally.  Does that mean I can't buy it then?  I said I like to bake.  Does that count? 


I love the large graphics of it and I'm thankful that I had room for it.  Sometimes, I have to pass things up because of no more room!  Speaking of which, I have a basement that needs cleaning out again.  It's time to make a run to Goodwill and my local consignment shop.  My subdivision is hosting a garage sale this weekend.  If I had the energy, I would sell stuff then, but I hate setting up garage sales.  

Hope you have plans for a nice weekend.

~ Kelly ~

23 comments:

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your Bakery sign!! it looks great in your kitchen.
~Cindy

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Oh, too bad Will has to wait a bit longer. I love the sign there.

Deserae said...

Love your new sign....just perfect!
Have a great weekend.....
~Des

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

That is the perfect place for the sign!

Unknown said...

Love your new Bakery sign- it makes a striking focal point!
My mom and I keep threatening to have a yard sale! One of these days...

Brenda Pruitt said...

I LOVE your bakery sign! It looks perfect there, Kelly.
Brenda

Betty said...

I love the kitchen and the bakery sign is perfect. Both of our grandchildren had braces at the same time. They found the same problem with our grandson and he had to keep his longer that than his sister.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Sorry your son didn't get his braces removed as scheduled. My girls and I all had braces at the same time, so I know how he must have been looking forward to getting the hardware out of his mouth.

Love your bakery sign!! I want to paint one for our daughter who just removed their upper cabinets and put up open shelving. She's got the perfect spot above their fridge for a horizontal version of the sign. Your black and white sign and your clock are nice accents in your farmhouse style kitchen.

I'm having one more garage sale because many of the items are too valuable to donate. I only have a 4 hour sale from 8-12 and what doesn't go gets donated. Quick and easy!

Have a great weekend!

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

Love the Bakery sign! It really does fit well into your decor. What a bummer your son has to wait awhile longer to get his braces off. If I had a dollar for every minute I spent in the orthodontist waiting room, I'd be rich! Lol! Between both boys, I've spent quite a few hours there. I just bought myself a Mother's Day present (from my hubby) a few weeks ago, so yep, I do that too! Ha!

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

I'm sure Will was disappointed when he had to walk out of that office with braces still intact. Oh well, hopefully next time...

I had to smile when you said you got yourself a gift and about speaking up. So true! Reminds me of the saying 'instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers, gather your own bouquet'. The sign looks perfect!

This N That said...

Love your sign..perfect for that space

Lady Pamela said...

I love many of the bakery signs, but since I don't cook or bake any more I wonder if I can honestly put one up lol.
*Smiles*

Debra said...

I love your new sign. It looks like it was made for that space. It is perfect there.

Suzanne said...

I love that sign. Had to laugh at the sales person's comment. Your kitchen looks wonderful! I love everything about the space. The new subway tile is gorgeous.

Pinky said...

Love your new sign! Sorry your son still has his braces though:(

Eilis said...

You have the perfect spot for that sign. Now you will have to have fresh baked goods ready at all times :)

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

Your son must have been so disappointed about his braces :( But, June will be here soon. LOVE the bakery sign! It looks great in your kitchen! I don't like setting up for garage sales either. Did it twice - never again!

Linda said...

Cute!
Happy Mothers Day!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

That sign was made for your house! It looks perfect in your kitchen! Love it!!

Katie Mansfield said...

Super cute! I hate running a garage sale. Usually it isn't worth all the time it takes. I'd rather just donate it all.
Your kitchen looks cute with the black accents.

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

You are totally a baker if you have ever baked anything. It's such a nice addition and I love the size of the letters.

Bliss said...

That's a sign I'll never get tired of seeing, it's timeless. Did you have something else on that wall before, because it's the perfect spot for the sign.

Sandi Magle said...

I love how you have merged vintage with a contemporary twist, nicely done. And I love your pendant lights...both of them. I"ve been looking at them for our remodel as the ceiling will be done first and I need to plot out new lighting. Super look, Sandi