Monday, January 23, 2017

My Purchases from my Favorite Store

Hello everyone!

Happy Monday.  Did you survive the weekend?  It was a rainy one here in Ga but at least it was warm.  I can handle it much easier that way. 

I forgot to share the items I bought at Linen & Flax last week!   I just found out that they are opening a second location too, so I'm excited about that.  They sell very good quality items.  One of my favorites is their magnolia stems.  They sell these year round.  They are so lifelike and much nicer than those you can find at craft stores like Hobby Lobby and Michael's.



They are very thick and feel real!  

I also fell in love with this line of items they sell from Face to Face Designs.  They only sell to retailers so now I'm on the lookout for more of their items.  They have these cute little boxed frame quotes.  I loved this one the best.


Along with these pieces, they sold pillows with quotes on them.  One of them looked like this.


But, I bought this one from So Vintage Chic on Etsy.  Her prices were much better.  I ordered the pillow cover only so it cost less than buying the whole pillow at the store.  About 50% less!  I love finding good deals on things that would normally cost a lot more.  Score!

So, here is the vignette on my chest of drawers with my new boxed quote and magnolia leaves.


I also spied this adorable hanging heart made of wood and birch bark. I decided to place it sideways in a stand instead of hanging it though.


And lastly, I bought this vintage style metal tray.  I liked the size of it and the patina it had.  It is mass produced but doesn't look like it.  I placed it on my secretary with some prayer beads on it.


Here is the complete vignette now.


I look forward to going back again to see what new things they have now.

Hope you have a great week ahead!

Thanks for stopping by.

~ Kelly ~


16 comments:

NanaDiana said...

You did good!!!! I love your purchases-that little framed piece is so cute and so is the pillow. Your vignette looks great, too...with a nod towards Valentines Day but not overly cutesy either. Perfect for your home. Have a great week- xo Diana

Jackie See said...

So pretty! I love the secretary, the color is beautiful and goes so well with your new goodies. Thank you for sharing!

Stacey said...

You're on a roll! I love it all and you're making me want to decorate! We are in this rent house right now with all of our things packed. I'm missing them. :)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Those pieces fit your home perfectly! How fun to have a new store to shop in.

Deserae said...

You found some wonderful treasures....love the pillow!
~Des

This N That said...

Great finds ! They are a nice addition to your home..Have fun shopping!!

Debra said...

You bought some very nice things. I really like how you styled all of the items together.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

It's all so pretty Kelly, and I love how you have displayed everything! It will be fun to see more from the shop as they change for the seasons!

Cynthia said...

Super finds Kelly. Love pillow as well as the Magnolia stems. Happy you're safe. I have been hearing about Georgia on the news regarding the weather. We are getting in NJ tonight. Nothing like the people that are suffering from the storm down South

Cindy

Junkchiccottage said...

Love your sweet finds Kelly. That little box with the saying is so sweet.
Have a great week.
Kris

Naomi said...


Nice finds! And nice little vignette. But what I really love is that lamp! Do you mind saying where you acquired it? I love the architectural look of the base.

Linda said...

It looks so 'Kelly!'
I have an antique secretary that I am tempted to paint. I love yours. Grey will not work for the room it's in, though. Not sure what would. I have a lot of brown an dred in there. It's my guest room.....

Finding Grace Interiors said...

What a fun shopping trip you had!! I love all the things that came home with you and they all look beautiful in your gorgeous home!!

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

You really did score some nice things!!! I love it all, especially those magnolia leaves. I've never seen them look so real!

Unknown said...

Your comment about rain in Georgia made me wonder if you were in the metro Atlanta area. Since you mentioned the name of the store, Linen and Flax, I googled it and discovered it was in Roswell. Roswell is on the other side of town from where I live-Loganville but my friend and I shop all around Atlanta.
Now we have a new place to add to our list. Thanks for sharing, we are always in the market for somewhere new to shop.

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

Great additions to your collection, Kelly! Judging by your purchases, I'd be at that store all the time!