Friday, July 14, 2017

Dressing up the Porch for Summer

Hello everyone!

Due to all the rain we've had lately here in GA, I wasn't able to use my cushioned outdoor furniture on our back deck very much.  We kept taking off the cushions and letting the water drain after a big storm.  I was worried that the cushions were going to get ruined and I didn't want the hassle of covering them with a tarp all the time.  So...............I decided to put them on the front porch since it's covered.  It has now become my favorite place to go to relax and unwind. Luckily, our front porch is very private.  It's surrounded by trees and not close to the street.  



We removed the rocking chairs because they weren't comfortable for long term sitting.  These cushioned chairs went in their place and are SO soft!



I plan on replacing the ottoman in between the chairs with this cute table.  
On the opposite side of the porch, the matching love seat fits perfectly. 


I've ordered this small ceiling fan and plan on hanging it in place of the light fixture over the chairs. 



Since it is so hot and humid outside in the summer, this is very needed!  

Because of the humidity, my ferns always do well by the front door too. 


One of my favorite times to sit out here is at night.  I love hearing the crickets sing by the soft candlelight in the lantern.


And do you want to know a secret?  It's not a real candle!  The lantern came with this faux candle built in and uses batteries.  So it's totally safe!


When I get the ceiling fan installed and my new table, I'll be sure to share that on Instagram.  I hope you follow me there too!

Thanks for stopping by.

~ Kelly ~

13 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a lovely cozy porch! Love the table you are getting!

Calypso In The Country said...

Such a beautiful porch! I wish I have a covered porch at my house. We only have a deck that gets full sun all day and it gets way too hot to sit out there! Enjoy your weekend!
Shelley

Tina M. said...

We have wicker chairs on our front porch. On our back patio, we have a pergola and have a loveseat, chairs, etc. I do not leave my cushions out. The insides of the cushions you purchase generally do not have mold resistant foam and like you say, they are hard to dry, you do have to let them drain. We have a deck box that I place the cushions in between use. I'm actually looking for more of a cabinet, but for now the deck box works well!

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Like Tina, we have a bench that has storage for cushions, but sometimes we forget and our cushions get rained on. It's raining right now actually. The weather here has been great...very low humidity and sunny for the most over, but enough rain to keep the lake filled and plants happy.

You're lucky your porch is set back from the road and is private. It is nice and wide too, which really helps when decorating!

Have a great weekend!

xxz

Cindy in Oklahoma said...

I would be there all the time....so pretty. And those cushions look like extremely comfy. We screened in a back porch at our previous home and I spent almost every evening out there listening to sprinklers and crickets. I even fell asleep a few times. Such a stress reliever. We spend a lot of time on our new porch but it's not screened in, so we have to give it up before I'm ready because of the mosquitoes.

Looks like you're going to have to purchase a second set for the backyard now!

This N That said...

Your porch looks lovely..The table will be great there...The ceiling fan would be a must for me.Enjoy your weekend..

Suzanne said...

Beautiful and inviting!

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

That was a good switch to put the cushioned chairs on your front porch. We really need an outdoor ceiling fan too. I wonder if I should get some ferns...I'm always complaining about our humidity, so maybe I should get a plant that loves it. :)

Ron said...

Looks great on the front porch. The ceiling fan will make a world of difference.

Debra said...

How pretty and relaxing the porch looks.

Junkchiccottage said...

Great idea to move the chairs onto your sweet and cozy front porch. Love this. The ceiling fan will be so nice out there too. I love the automatic faux candles. They look so real and have the timers on them too. Everything looks really sweet out there Kelly. Happy Weekend.
Kris

Sandy said...

Love It! Porch sitting is one of my favorite pastimes and yoyr porch is lovely!

Unknown said...

Your porch is so inviting Kelly! I love that cute little table you've got picked out too! We always get afternoon storms this time of year, I'd love a porch to sit and watch the show. xo