Friday, July 28, 2017

Meatball Stuffed Cheesy Garlic Bread

Hello everyone!

How  did your week go?  Mine has gone so-so.  I've been battling a shoulder injury that I believe happened at the gym.  Ugh!  I probably lifted too much weight or something.  Not quite sure.  It has been giving me pain when I move it for over a week now.  So, all I do now is cardio at the gym. I may see a doctor about it since it isn't getting better.  

However, I wanted to share this tasty recipe with you in case you're looking for something new to make at home these days.  It was fairly simple and your kids will probably like it too!  

 It's called meatball stuffed cheesy garlic bread.  

It looks like this.



You first cut out the tops of rolls and fill them with a mixture of garlic, parsley, and butter. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over that.


Then you fry up some meatballs using ground beef, bread, parmesan cheese, oregano, salt and pepper.  




After they're fried, remove them to drain.


Then place a meatball in each roll and cover with marinara sauce.



Then sprinkle more mozzarella cheese over that.


Then bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 min.




And there you have it!  It's very good.  I was only able to eat about 2 rolls though because it was rich.  So, this will serve plenty!  

Here is the complete recipe.
________________________________________________________
Jar of marinara sauce
Hawaiian sweet rolls (pkg of 12) or similar
2 cloves garlic
3 tbsp melted butter
1 tbsp fresh parsley
1 lb ground beef
1/2 c parmesan cheese
1 tbsp oregano
1 tsp salt & pepper
bag of shredded mozzarella cheese

Place rolls on baking sheet.  Cut out tops of rolls leaving the sides. (Save the tops) Mix together garlic, parsley and butter.  Brush inside rolls.  Sprinkle mozzarella cheese in rolls. 

Mix together saved roll tops, ground beef, parmesan cheese, oregano, salt and pepper. Form into balls and fry in a pan to brown on each side.  Pull-out of pan and drain on paper towels. 

Place a meatball in each roll.  Top with marinara sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 min. 
__________________________________________________________

Let me know if you try it!  

Thanks for stopping by.

~ Kelly ~

13 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I hope you shoulder feels better soon. That dish sounds yummy!

Jill said...

Looks delicious!! Hope your shoulder feels better soon!!
Enjoy your weekend.

Blessings,
Jill

Debra said...

Oh, this sounds so good. I will be making this for sure. Take care of your shoulder.

Junkchiccottage said...

Yummy!!!!!! I love this and am going to make it. Thanks for sharing this looks so delish. Hope your shoulder gets to feeling better. Have a good weekend.
xoxo
Kris

This N That said...

Looks yummy..Hope you didn't tear a rotator cuff..That's why I don't go to the gym..I always hurt myself..Have a good weekend..

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

This looks and sounds sooooo good, but with those ingredients, how could it not be?!

I hurt my knee a few years ago in a boot camp clsss. Sometimes I think exercise is more trouble than it's worth. I hope your injury clears up on its own.

xxx

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Looks like a great recipe for the grandkids.

Blondie's Journal said...

This sounds terrific, Kelly! I'd love to give it a whirl...Italian food. Yes!

I'd say get an x-ray of your shoulder. Torn rotator cuffs happen all the time and if you let it go (and if it feels better), you can tear it more. I know several people who've done this. It's usually with exercise or in my sister's case while water skiing. She went a year with it before getting an x ray.

Keep us posted.

Jane x

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

I hope your shoulder feels better soon. I kind of overdid it with my exercise ball and my shoulder was sore for a few days too. Sometimes I feel like I can pull something just by lifting my coffee cup to my mouth. Lol! My injuries aren't as "cool" as they used to be when I was younger. Instead of having an injury caused by water skiing, it's more like "I strained a muscle mopping the floor." Ha ha! Love this recipe! It sounds like something we'd all like to eat. Thanks for sharing!

Suzanne said...

Looks delicious! Hope your shoulder is feeling better soon.

Unknown said...

This looks interesting and yummy Kelly! I bet it would make a fun party appetizer too, and maybe with Italian sausage. I hope you're feeling better by now and are back at it. xo

Karen said...

I hurt my shoulder also - I have never had unrelenting pain like this in my life (and I have broken my foot *twice and a broken ankle:) - I was in a thrift store and an older woman was telling the clerk about her shoulder pain and how Aspercreme Heat helped her immensely. I bought a tube on the way home and couldn't believe how much relief I got. After a month of using this - my shoulder is like 98%! It HAS to have the word HEAT on the tube (it was hard to find around here - so I got a six pack on Amazon). It can't be lidocaine or unscented - ONLY Heat. I know I sound like an advertisement - but it SO worked for me. Good luck!

UplayOnline said...

I will be making this for sure. Take care of your shoulder.


หีฟิต