Friday, August 4, 2017

What I Like to Use in Farmhouse Decor

Hello everyone!

One of my favorite types of accessories to use in farmhouse style decor are those made of galvanized metal. There is something about it that just screams farmhouse!  I like the contrast of it next to wood also.  It's easy to find these days and even more fun to shop for at antique stores!  I have a few pieces that I thought I would share with you today.

I love to find pieces that you wouldn't expect to find in galvanized metal.  You get the unexpected factor!  For example, this lamp is like that.  I love the contrast between the cool metal base and the warm burlap shade.



Another unexpected factor are these metal finials on my fireplace mantel.  They are architectural in nature and provide nice anchors on each side of the mantel.  In the center, another metal piece was used but softened by filling it with some natural materials. 



On my coffee table, I used an old bucket filled with over sized ivory flowers.  Again, it's all about the contrast.


Down the hallway toward my kitchen, is this giant metal clock!  It's distressed to look old and makes a bold statement.


One thing we needed was a space to put misc things that were always piling up on our counters.  Things like keys, dog medicine, phone chargers etc.  So, I found this little metal organizer and used it to corral all of those things.  It has been such a great find!


In our master bedroom, I wanted matching tables that weren't part of a bedroom suite.  So, I fell in love with these accent tables with scalloped edges and metal sides.  They really stand out against the other furniture in the room.


In our master bathroom, I added a few galvanized metal accessories too.  I love this corrugated style container for this little fern.


And doesn't everyone need a metal tissue box holder?  Well, I did! 


In our spare bedroom and my son's bedroom, we hung these metal barn lights.  They are inexpensive yet stylish.


And  my most recent purchase of galvanized metal was this little table for our front porch.  I think it will hold up well and provide a place for drinks etc. while relaxing out there.  


Do you liked to add metal accents to your home?  If you like farmhouse style, you should definitely consider using it somewhere!  

Hope you all have a great weekend.

~ Kelly ~

15 comments:

Stacey said...

Yes I do love bits and pieces of galvanized metal. It just seems to add that rustic luxe look that we are craving these days. You've found some wonderful pieces.

Unknown said...

Love all of your galvanized metal pieces. Can you share sources for the lamp and tissue box cover?

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

You have found some great galvanized pieces for your home.

Ron said...

You definitely have a knack for decorating with metal. It looks so good with your style of decor.

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

I love all of these pieces Kelly and like you, strive for contrast. It really helps to make a space interesting.

xxx

Ron said...

Check out the galvanized metals here:
http://junkchiccottage.blogspot.com/2017/08/shopping-anyone.html

This N That said...

Love your style..Great suggestions..Have a good weekend..

NanaDiana said...

I have bits and pieces of galvanized things here and there. I have always loved the look-even when I was a kid on the farm I loved galvanized pieces.
Hope you have a great weekend. xo Diana

Debra said...

I love all of your galvanized metal accessories. Each one is better than the last.

Junkchiccottage said...

Love all your galvanized pieces Kelly. Swooning over all of them. Happy Friday.
Kris

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I love adding galvanized accents...yours are very pretty!

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

I love farmhouse decor and especially galvanized accents. That tray in your kitchen is wonderful for chargers, etc. Do you have a Kirklands near you? They have so many farmhouse style things now. I need to browse their website and plan a visit soon.

Suzanne said...

You have such a beautiful home. Lovely pieces!

Debra@CommonGround said...

the farmhouse metals look so great with your decor, it contrasts the whites perfectly! I love how you've painted the stacked stone in your fireplace. always beautiful, Kelly

UplayOnline said...

It looks so good with your style of decor.


หีฟิต