Friday, December 14, 2012

Goodies from IKEA

Hello everyone and happy Friday!
 
I wanted to share some of the things I found at IKEA.  (Warning:  picture heavy post)
 
 
My husband took the IKEA pics with his IPhone.  I didn't bring my camera. He thought it would be cute to show me shopping.  LOL!
 
So here I am enjoying everything around me........(Please forgive me for posting these corny shots.)
 
 
 
 
 
 
Now.......you want to see what I bought?
 
I fell in love with these little grey and white cones.  They are Christmas ornaments, but I used them on my mantel.  (I know.....yet another change on my mantel.  It's a sickness, I tell ya!)
 
 
I also bought these cute little metal planters.  They look like paper, don't they?
 

 
And because I changed this all around, I added some little Christmas balls to the branches in the pitcher.
 

 
Now, you're probably wondering where did the little burlap stocking go that was hanging in the middle?  I found another great spot for it in the sitting room.
 

 
And, where did the little gift tag banner go that was hanging on this chest?  Why it went in the kitchen, of course! 
 
 
Do you like the yarn wreath I made?  I made pom poms and tied them all around a wreath form.  It's shaggy because I didn't shape the pom poms, but I like how it turned out.  It's a fun craft!
 
 
 
Are you keeping up with all my changes so far?  LOL!
 
OK, back in the family room, I added this gorgeous fluffy romantic looking blanket.  This is what I went to IKEA for in the first place! 
 
 
I have it draped over the arm of a chair, but it can even be used at the foot of a bed since it's large enough.  It's actually stretchy!
 
 
And while we're in this room, thought I'd throw in this pic of my old galvanized container dressed up for Christmas too. 
 
 
 
I found these cute little furry hanging hearts for my tree too.  IKEA had a lot of Swedish inspired Christmas decorations.  Perfect for my theme!
 
 
Then, I found these cute Christmas (Swedish inspired again) dish towels.
 
 
And last but not least, this adorable grey and white yarn wreath.  (I added the red ribbon.) It's hanging on a bread board on the wall.
 
 
Are you still here?  I haven't lost you by now, I hope!  IKEA is very inexpensive, BTW.  If you ever get a chance to go, you should.  It's also huge, so wear comfortable shoes. 
 
Hope you all have a great weekend!
 
Thanks for stopping by.
 
~ Kelly ~



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 


 
 
 
 
 


30 comments:

Andrea said...

haha, love seeing the pictures of you shopping! My hubby is always making photo suggestions too =) Great finds. I have never shopped at Ikea during the holidays, so I have never seen what they have as far as xmas decor-I really should go! Your home is looking beautiful as ever with all the new touches.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

O.k. now I definitely need a trip to Ikea. Haven't been in months and look at all your cute things. What a great blanket.

Sandy said...

Kelly, all your little changes are fab! Ikea is only 10 minutes from my home and now I need to take a quick trip to see what I can find! Love all the sweet little changes you've made. You're tweaking like crazy! It's a good kind of sickness because you're having fun and being creative so it's really not a sickness at all. Now that I'm retired for the year, I'm having a blast catching-up with all my favorite bloggers.

Laura @ duke manor farm said...

I just love IKEA, luckily it's too far to shop frequently!

Deserae said...

Wow!!! You found soooo many wonderful goodies!!! My absolute favorite thing is that throw though....so divine! Have a great weekend!
~Des

Lynne said...

My daughter and I went crazy at Ikea as well! I even bought the kitchen sink... LOL...the small version for our grandaughter!
That throw is AMAZING in your home!
~Lynne
w/L.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly! I think a trip to Ikea is in my future. Love your finds. I have 2 that are 1hr each away (thankfully!)

I adore all the "Swedish" touches you are putting around. That blanket is soo cool too. The lace top planters are what I'll be after.
Have a fun weekend,
sincerely, Jeannette

AntiqueChase said...

I love that throw.. I have 3! They make every room look better!!! and perfect in the summer at the end of every bed! I'm obsessed!

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Kelly,
Looks like you had a grand time @ Ikea!! Love your new additions to your Christmas decor.
Have a great weekend!
All the Best,
Christine

cynthia lee designs said...

Hi Kelly,
Looks like you had a great time shopping at Ikea! Love the wreath with the hearts hanging from it...it looks great on your bread board!
I love that store...we got our daughter some dining room chairs for her new apartment there. We were there to shop for her, but I had to shop for me too. Got a few things for my new kitchen.

~Cindy

Ron said...

Great finds from IKEA! I miss IKEA as I worked at Georgia Tech and it was sooooo close. TGIF!!! Thanks for sharing, Kelly! xo

Katarina said...

You found some really awesome things, Kelly! :-)I like both wreaths. The red bow is a great touch on the one you bought, and the wreath you made is beautiful. I love your style.

chateau chic said...

Kelly, I LOVE seeing you having fun in IKEA. So many great finds and I love how you've used them in your home. The white pots are so pretty and delicate looking. Love the yarn wreath you made. So pretty!!
Mary Alice

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

IKEA is the perfect place to satisfy your "Swede" tooth! Hehe.

A coworker of mine nicknamed IKEA the store you get in and can't get out of. There is no quick trip to IKEA, but it is such a fun place to shop. Love your finds! I think I need six of those red & white chair pads. :@

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Cute gooodies, Kelly!! IKEA is dangerous territory!!

NanaDiana said...

What a fun post, Kelly. Do you know I have never been to an Ikea? We don't have any that are close to us at all. It looks like you found some really fun/sweet things. xo Diana

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

LOVE the blanket...hope it does not go missing after we come over on Christmas Eve...I love Ikea too!

Pondside said...

I only get to an IKEA about twice a year as we don't have one on the Island. I was there two weeks ago and it was such fun! I bought lots of Christmas stuff that I've yet to put out - this weekend!

Transformations By Jacqueline said...

I saw some of the stuff last time went to Ikea. Looks very pretty and the way you decorated with!
Merry Christmas! And Congrats for your decor! Thanks for sharing...

SImple and Serene Living said...

I love seeing you shopping at Ikea. I can't wait to move to Atlanta, because going there is one of my most favorite things. Everything looks so sweet. I love your new throw.
xo
Laura

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

My nearest IKEA is 2 hours away and I haven't been there in a long time. Wish I had a day to go and enjoy the Christmas stuff. The last gray wreath with the hearts is darling. You are lucky that your husband will shop with you. Mine avoids it like the plague! Happy Weekend...Ann

Tanna said...

LOVE all the shopping pictures! That place is like being in a giant candy store! LOL! LOVE the white planters! and, your wreath... and the white throw... and... and... and... LOL! You get the picture. blessings ~ tanna

This N That said...

Looks like you had a fun time..Love the little stocking..The pillow caught my eye as well..My husband was Frederick George..

Ivy and Elephants said...

That blanket is FABULOUS!!! I have got to get to IKEA! Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Patti

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Kelly, The closest Ikea is over an hour away but happens to be on the way to the airport. I"ll be planning a stop on the way to pick up my husband next week. Love the throw you got and everything looks beautiful . Happy Holidays.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

You look adorable! Points to your husband for going with you. My husband has never set foot in an Ikea. It is so fun to shop there! I'm hoping to go when my oldest is on winter break. We all love the chocolate cake! I bought that same ruffly blanket over a year ago, but haven't even taken it out of it's wrapper yet. I just haven't found the right place to put it.

Bliss said...

When you picked up the white pots I looked in the cart pic to see if they were in there. Didn't think you'd leave without them, but the gray wreath was a surprise that I liked. Oh, and pinning your white wreath to my wreath board.

Bliss

Linda said...

There is an IKEA here in Houston - as well as in Dallas. But would you believe? I have NEVER been!! I must GO!!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I can spend an entire day at Ikea...looks like you had a successful trip and everything looks wonderful!

Elma said...

how did you make the wreath??