Friday, August 15, 2014

Coffee Table Switch-up

Hello everyone!

Well, if my constant tweaking around the house is any indication that I'm feeling better, then I must be feeling fantastic!  LOL!  If you know me well enough by now, don't get used to something staying the same around here too long.  So  today................here is what I've changed.  Who knows what it will be tomorrow etc.  

I decided to try using my Kubu trunk (from Ikea) as a coffee table.


I was thinking I would love the texture that it gave the room and be a bit smaller than the huge coffee table that I had in here. 


And I must say, I'm really liking the change.  Now, I'm not parting with my old coffee table.  I still love it.  I'm just switching things up for now.  So, it will go in our basement until I'm ready for it again.  (And you know I will one day!)

I even changed up the artwork in the room.............again.

My dog print came back in here.


And another dog print with the frame painted in white.



Now, since I was using my trunk as a side table, I decided to bring in another piece that would compliment the trunk in it's place and be the perfect height for a side table.


Do you know what it is?  It's a grey wicker hamper with a liner and an attached lid!  Yep!  Simple and borrowed from another room in the house.  And the best part is it stores our throws.

And since I'm bringing in all this texture everywhere, I just had to show you these cool  birch logs I found for sale the other day.  I love them!  (We won't be burning them though.)  They will fill the fireplace until we actually USE it this winter. (I know all of you in the Midwest are laughing that I had to buy something you can grow in your own backyard. Wish I was that lucky.)


So here is the full room reveal.


I hope that all of you have a great weekend planned!

We are having beautiful weather and I am grateful to be feeling well again.  

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Kelly ~

26 comments:

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Kelly,
Ok I love your coffee table so if you want to get it out of the basement and into my home that would be great LOL! I do love the Kubu trunk in its place. Gives sweet texture to your slipcovered sofa. Looks great. Have a great week end.
Kris

Jane@Bluebird1959 said...

Love the basket turned coffee table....the texture it adds is perfect. Being a Midwest girl, and the owner of a free pile of birch logs in my living room, I did have to smile about your log purchase! It's all relative though...no hydrangea or magnolia around here! What's next on your change radar? Jane

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

What a cute idea, Kelly! You always create such beautiful rooms. Can't wait to get back home and do some tweaking! Hope you're having a great week! Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Sandy said...

Love the texture of the new coffee table! I like the side table too. Love all your changes because it inspires me to make some of my own. it's fun changing things up.

AntiqueChase said...

Looks great! and I love the birch logs!

Unknown said...

Luv all the texture the wicker trunk brings to your room. Been thinking I want more texture this fall and am designing a rustic coffee table redo. a
Happy weekend.
Hugs, Gee

JoAnne said...

Wicker trunks make great tables and I love how yours looks in your family room. So glad you're feeling better!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love the changes and I have always wanted birch logs.

Burlap Luxe said...

Love the trunk, I have been adding Frenchness with baskets here and there loving the look it adds to my French space of whites.

Xx
Dore

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

The changes look good. Love those birch logs.

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

I've always thought birch logs are so pretty. And the color even matches your room! :) You've added some great texture with the trunk and side table. I'm beginning to like more and more texture in my rooms too. So glad you're feeling better!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love the wicker trunk as the coffee table...creates a great texture and so wonderful that you carried that through to the side of the sofa with that great hamper!...I love seeing the changes you make...when your post lands in my email, I think, "now what changes has Kelly done now"...always a nice surprise...So glad you are feeling better...have a great weekend!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Kelly,

Love your changes - that room looks amazing.....so light and airy and textured and fresh and pretty.

I could soooooooooo sit there with you and admire your great decor tastes. ♥

Have a wonderful weekend.

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

Very pretty Kelly! My husband would love to make some birch logs! We have a huge tree in our yard and it drops limbs like crazy. He hates it but I love birch trees.... and you know a tree is a simple way to keep Momma happy :-)

Katie Mansfield said...

I just love wicker right now! It makes your room look so much bigger. So cute.

Babs said...

Kelly, You Kubu trunk looks really good in your LR, and I really like the dog prints. Wow, you found birch logs! Would you believe I dry brushed some wild cherry logs with white paint to make them look more like birch. LOL

cynthia lee designs said...

Love the changes...your room looks awesome!!
~Cindy

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

As far as I'm concerned, a room can never have enough texture, and that truck and side table, aka hamper, are just the ticket!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Beautiful...as always! Love the texture the wicker adds to the room!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

What a great new look! Both the coffee table and end table were great ideas. I live in an area where birch grows but I can never find any to pick up for free because other people have already grabbed it up so if I wanted some I'd have to buy it too! Glad you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Your living room is gorgeous! I love all of the texture and neutral colors and those birch logs are perfect!

Pondside said...

I love to re-decorate by switching things around. I like the way you've freshened your look as the season changes.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling well enough to do some decor styling. Your room looks pretty as usual and I like the texture of the trunk.

Susan' Hearts and Flowers said...

Your trunk made a beautiful coffee table. I love your home. It is so inviting.

Wendy McDonagh-Valentine said...

What a beautiful job!! We recently gave our living room a makeover using most things that we already had. We have a rectangular shaped living room with limited wall space for my armoire that I refuse to give up. We made a more intimate setting by bringing the couches off the walls and putting them in the middle of the room. I saw a pin on Pinterest that I used as inspiration. The only things we had to purchase were a small area rug and a very simple wood table to bring it all together. We found both in Ikea for minimal money. Thanks for sharing your beautiful "new" room with us!! Looks so cozy!!! : )

~ Wendy

Anne said...

Love your changes Kelly! Your room is so beautiful and serene!