Friday, July 1, 2016

Summer Colors

Hello everyone!

If you've been following my blog for any length of time, you know by now how I like to change
 color schemes within my basic neutral palette. This summer has been hotter than usual, which may explain why I adopted a softer color palette in my home this year.  I am drawn to the butter soft lilac, powder blue, and heather grey hues to mix with my white slip covered furniture.  


I thought I would share some changes I made using these colors in my front sitting room.  It's an easy room to decorate.  It's just off the foyer and opens up to the family room.  


I decided to change out the textiles and a few accessories in here.  The biggest change was the mirror over the antique chest.  It used to be in my foyer before I moved it in here.


I don't know why I hadn't tried it in here before now.  It's really a perfect fit! A bit of silver, crystal and faux lilacs adds a feminine touch.


My antique secretary is in this space too.  


I added this elegant ivory beaded pillow to the chair.  This is a pillow that I don't want my dog to lie on, so putting it in this chair is a good way to keep him off of it.  He never lies in this chair!  


I have my oversized prayer beads on the secretary too.  I got those last Christmas.


I can't believe this weekend is the 4th of July holiday already!  This summer is speeding by.  I plan on having my son and his girlfriend (whom I haven't met yet) over for dinner Saturday night.  So that will be fun.  Not sure yet what we're doing for the actual 4th holiday though.  I hope that you all have a safe and happy 4th of July!

Thanks for visiting.

~ Kelly ~

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Luv the pillow! Our dog, Vic, a chocolate lab, Luvs to steal pillows. So I can only admire pretty ones like yours.
Happy 4th.

Stacey said...

Kelly, your house is so pretty. I bet it feels peaceful with the soft colors.

Have a wonderful weekend. :)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Everything looks cool and inviting. Have a great 4th!

Eilis said...

The mirror looks great there. Don't you love it when something you already has finds a perfect new spot!

Unknown said...

That mirror!!! Lovely!!! Everything looks fresh and pretty (and cooooool). Hope you are surviving the heat.
Best & Bisous,
Michelle from Simply Santa Barbara

Jane@Bluebird1959 said...

Hi Kelly! Your pop of pretty lavender is gorgeous and perfect for the hot summer weather. Have a blessed fourth! Jane

Junkchiccottage said...

Kelly,
Love the peaceful and serene feel to your home. Adding the pops of blue make the rooms so pretty.
Happy 4th. Enjoy.
Kris

Brenda Pruitt said...

I love the style of that mirror!
Brenda

Rustic Maple Elizabeth said...

Your home is always lovely, Kelly. I really admire the mix of pretty textiles. Enjoy this long weekend and dinner with your family.

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

It's beautiful Kelly, and that mirror is gorgeous!

Have fun with your son and his new gf!

xxx

Debra said...

The beaded pillow is gorgeous. The room is so lovely. I expect you enjoy having some quiet time there.

Scribbler said...

Your house looks so cool and fresh and appealing on a day like today when it is hot as blue blazes out! I do like your mirror over the chest -- very balanced.

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

I love your home decor! You always give me lots of ideas and I love that mirror. I can't believe it's already the 4th either. The boys bought a ton of fireworks and I bought the Cracker Jack and Bomb Pops for dessert. Not sure what the actual meal will be though. Lol! Enjoy your weekend!

cynthia lee designs said...

Love the pillow...so pretty!! Hope you have a great weekend.
~Cindy

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

This is such a lovely room. Just LOVE the mirror in its new location. The beaded pillow is so pretty, too. Happy 4th!