Monday, December 5, 2016

Christmas in the Sitting Room

Hello everyone!

I'm continuing my Christmas home tour in my sitting room.   I put our Christmas tree in here.  Our family room is pretty full, so this room always seems to be a better choice for it.  We use a table top Christmas tree each year.  We have enjoyed the ease of it and the fact that once you place it on a tall piece of furniture, it gives you the height you want.  Ever since we gave up our full size tree, we haven't looked back.  This tree doesn't have to be put together.  It can be stored easily in our basement with plastic over it.  I don't dread getting it set up or taking it down like I did with the full size tree.  We stopped buying real Christmas trees many years ago when it was discovered that I was allergic to the mold that is found in the trees on tree lots.  They are also a huge fire hazard (as my husband was a firefighter and saw several destroy a house in just a few minutes flat).  So...................a small artificial tree fits our situation the best.  Everyone is different though.  And trust me, we have had ALL kinds!  We just like this style the best for our family.  

Here is our quaint little tree.



It's decorated in mostly white and silver ornaments.  I really like the Nordic look and French styles this Christmas.  


It is set in a galvanized wash tub with wool ball garland wrapped around it.



My clock received a little Christmas dressing with some greenery and bells.


And finally, my antique painted secretary got a Merry Christmas banner and a gold crown Christmas ornament to dress it up.


The only bit of color is peeking through the windows from the wreaths on the outside windows!  I love neutral Christmas decor inside, but outside I prefer the traditional reds and greens.  I feel that they have more curb appeal.  At night, when the spotlights shine on the house, you need a pop of color to be seen.  I will share the outside soon.

We are expecting a major cold blast to come through late this week so I'm going to have to brace myself for that!  I've gotten spoiled by having such mild temps this Fall so to hear that we'll be getting down in the 20's is a bit shocking! Now, I'm going to have to start bundling up just to go to the mailbox!  (insert sad face) Oh, and did I mention that I've been battling the "cold from hell" for a week now?????  I am not patient with these things.  I'm praying it will be gone soon!

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Kelly ~


20 comments:

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

I sure hope your cold gets better soon. I can't believe how cold it's going to get for y'all! We're so happy right now because it's in the low 50's and that's pretty much "hard core winter weather" for us. Lol! We are supposed to get even colder later in the week (low 40's) and I can't wait. :) I love your Christmas decorations! I think your tree is perfect, especially in that pretty tub with the garland. Can't wait to see your outside decorations. Did you find a way to hang the wreaths, so they stayed up?

Christine at Little Brags said...

Hi Kelly, super idea to put the little tree in a tun like that! I hope you get feeling better very soon! Merry Christmas, your house looks super good as always! (Still drooling over those prayer beads) !

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Your tree is so sweet. I love the galvanized tub it sits in...

Brenda Pruitt said...

I like your addition of the pom-pom garlands. Nice touch!
Brenda

NanaDiana said...

What a cute little tree. It does look very Nordic with the silver and white and pale surroundings. Very pretty.

I still do one big tree and a smaller one in another room for all the kids in the family. I think you are right though. we each do what works best for our families, Kelly. xo Diana

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I love your little Nordic tree, Kelly! The smartest thing I did was downsize to a small artificial tree that's easy to store and set up, too. I think all trees are beautiful, whether real or not, big or small. I like your simple holiday touches that reflect your style. The white is so pretty for winter! I hope you recover from your cold and stay warm! I had to drive home from work in a snowstorm again tonight and my nerves are shot!

Blondie's Journal said...

Your tree is precious! It looks perfect in your sitting room. And I like seeing what everyone does...that's the fun of blogging!

Love the galvanized tub and the cute garland on it. So sweet. You always do a great job decorating, Kelly, and you inspire!

Jane x

Linda said...

Only you could take a few simple things and transform them into a really classy Christmas look.....all simple, cozy and elegant at the same time!

Ron said...

Very festive with a Nordic spin. I hope you feel better soon.

Unknown said...

This is so lovely Kelly! I love the feeling you've created in your charming home this Christmas season. Fell better xo

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Simply elegant Kelly!....I love how you strung the garland of pom poms around the tub!!!

Cynthia said...

Hi Kelly, I've had those colds they are torture. I'm not a patient person when I get sick either.

Your tree is very pretty. Hope you feel better soon

Cindy

This N That said...

I hope you feel better soon...Pretty tree

Maria Elena said...

Love your beautiful tree! Hope you get better soon. Everyone around our house is the same way. The weather change has not agreed with us at all. Take care, Maria

Mary said...

Your little tree is perfect!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I just love your beautiful tree! I also love the bucket it sits in! I did that for years and then we bought a new fake tree a couple of years ago and it doesn't fit in my big, galvanized tub! I really hate setting up and taking down trees too so I think you are so smart to go with the tabletop tree! It is so nice that you can just keep it set up in your basement.

Debra said...

Your tree is so pretty. It is so delicate and feminine looking and blends in with the rest of the room. It is so lovely. I hope you feel better soon, cold season is here. Take care.

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your tree...so pretty!!

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Your tree is so adorable Kelly, and the galvanized tub with the Pom Poms put it over the top in the cuteness department.

I hope your cold is better. This is no time to be getting sick, and with the cold weather coming your way, that won't help :(.

Bliss said...

So while I'm getting caught up around the Essence household, going room to room, I stopped to comment here because this is my favorite tree.