Friday, April 14, 2017

Sprucing up the Front Porch for Spring

Hello everyone!

This week we have had some amazingly beautiful weather!  It has been sunny in the 70's all week with no humidity.  I wish I could bottle it up and save it forever!  I've tried to go outside everyday and enjoy it while it lasts.  Because, you know it won't!  

One way I've done that is by sprucing up my front porch.  I bought some ferns to go beside the front door and hung my magnolia wreath on the door. A new larger door mat was placed front and center too.  



I like these extra large door mats better than the cute small ones.  I want one that will trap water and really clean your feet well before coming inside.  This one fits the bill.  It's from Walmart.  

I also added some pretty outdoor pillows to my wicker bench.  They are from Pottery Barn.


I still need to repaint this bench.  I hope to find a better replacement for it, altogether, since it's not really intended for outdoors. These pillows add a pop of color and coordinate well with my house color.


One of my favorite things that I've added out here are my new lights.  They are from Build.com.  I wanted a more "farmhouse style" look.  These are perfect for that.  But, at night, they look even better.  They cast the light down onto the porch floor and make the house look better at night.  




After the pollen is gone, I will do a thorough cleaning of the porch and furniture.  Right now, it's pointless.

I noticed we have a bird nest up in the eaves of our porch too.  The momma bird is often seen sitting in it.  She flew away when I came outside to take these pics though. I think it may be a house wren.


Have you started sprucing up outside for Spring too?  

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter this weekend.
Thanks for stopping by!

~ Kelly ~

9 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Love your new porch lights! We had a wren build a nest just like yours two homes ago. We had just had the house painted and they birds made a bird poo mess all over our columns and railings.

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

I can imagine how pretty your house looks at night Kelly! Love the new lights, and they definitely give that farmhouse look.

We've been back since Monday, but we're still playing catch up. We hope to bring out some of our outside furniture today from the storage shed, but pollen will be finding its way here soon enough as well so not sure how much cleaning we will do.

Have a great weekend, and hope the weather continues to be beautiful for you!

xxx

JoAnne said...

So far I have a new floral arrangement on our front door but I have lots more to do. Your porch looks beautiful and I love the stone on the front of your house.

Brenda Pruitt said...

My front porch is too small, but I've been working on the patio. Yours looks like a place to stop, sit, relax and gaze about.
Brenda

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I found a pretty basket of tulips to hang on our front door, but that's about it since we've got snow in the forecast tomorrow. :o(

Your entrance looks so inviting with your ferns and new pillows. I hope you get to enjoy sitting out there without your allergies acting up. Have a Happy Easter, Kelly!

NanaDiana said...

I love ferns on a front porch. They just make me think of comfort and a happy home. Everything looks great there. We have not done anything yet because it is still cold in our part of the world...too cold to plant anything outside yet. xo Diana

Junkchiccottage said...

Love your sweet porch. I would be out there everyday rocking and watching the world go by. Even the sweet wren's feel cozy to nest at your place. Happy Easter.
Kris

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

I love the bigger size doormat. I got my last ones from Walmart too and they've lasted longer than any I've had so far. Your porch lights are so pretty, and add the perfect farmhouse touch. Oh and the pollen...I totally hear ya on that one. Everything is coated in yellow right now. :)

Decor To Adore said...

What a pretty porch spruce up! I hope you are enjoying a lovely spring and may you have a wonderful week.