Friday, May 19, 2017

French Lighting and Dressmaker Details

Hello everyone!

With the purchase of some new chairs for my home lately, I've been playing musical chairs to make sure they are being used in the best way possible. My dining room has undergone a few changes as a result.  I first ordered the Paige dining chairs that have a definite French look to them from World Market a few months ago.  I placed them around my table and thought that was sufficient.  But, you know how that goes.  I found some new white slip covered chairs that I thought would be pretty in here. So, I added them to the ends of my table.  That gave me more seating and added a bit more style to the room. 

  

Take a look at the back of these chairs!  I love these bow ties.


I decided to add my ruffled chair covers to my Paige dining chairs as well.  


The other new item in this room is this chandelier.  I liked my other one but I was ready for a change.  I had it for many years and when I went searching for a new style, I settled on this one. 


It has a plaster look to it so I decided to hang this wall medallion between my windows to coordinate with it.  


I love to repeat similar details throughout a space.


What's a dining room without some pretty flowers too?  I placed some white hydrangeas in this textured container on my side board.  


A couple of tan buffalo check pillows add a touch of pattern to the white chairs as well.


I hope you discovered some good ideas on how to add French style and dress maker details to a space.  Since my color palette is so neutral, I really rely on textures, and specific styling to give the room character.  

Hope you all have a great weekend!

~ Kelly ~

14 comments:

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

No one uses texture as well as you Kelly. You really know how to coordinate pieces that go well together and give a room a wonderful personality without adding color. I've always loved neutrals. I think they're calming and clean looking. Your home must be a great space to live in!

xxx

Stacey said...

So pretty, Kelly! Your new light fixture is perfection with it's chippiness combined with metal. Love it!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

The chairs and slipcovers are so charming! I love your chandie. I bought a similar to hang in my dining room in my new home. It is sitting in it's box waiting to move.

This N That said...

Love the dressmaker skirts..very stylish and great texture with the pleats..Pretty Chandelier..

cloches and lavender said...

Amazing Kelly, loving the new chandelier. The bow ties on the back of the chairs add a great touch. You always nail it

Cindy

Unknown said...

Luv, luv the new chandelier Kelly. Coming over 😀. Bringing wine.

NanaDiana said...

VERY lovely!!! I love the chairs and the chandelier. What a neat looking light fixture. It looks OLD and I love that look.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend and can just kick back and enjoy your lovely home. xo Diana

Joanne B. said...

I just discovered your blog after I read on your sister Kim's blog that you do white well! So happy to have found you! Can't wait to find the time to go back and try to read all your previous posts. I have a comment though- am I missing something formed you not share your resources for any items you hilight in your posts? i would love to know where you found some of the items you have used in your home.

Our Hopeful Home said...

I love the look you've achieved at the table. I have the same ruffled seat covers and I love them! I have one white parsons chair ($4.00 at Goodwill) and am on the lookout for another one to place at the ends of my dining table. We are having the dining room reno'd starting next week so my mind is swirling with ideas right now! Love the chandelier, too! xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

Elizabeth at Eiffel Tells said...

You have a great eye for details and flair for design - you room looks fabulous.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Very pretty, Kelly! I love the chair covers...the backs really are special...and how you added seat covers, too! Your details bring everything together so wonderfully!

Debra said...

You made some lovely changes. I always enjoy how you combine textures to create interest in a neutral color palette.

Junkchiccottage said...

Love all these changes Kelly. Love the new seat covers too. The room looks so pretty. Love how you can pull neutrals together so nicely in your rooms.
Hugs,
Kris

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Very pretty kelly. Love the chic styling. The covers are gorgeous. The chandy is a showpiece.