Friday, October 20, 2017

Cheesy Rotini

Hello everyone!

I've been doing something new lately that has really helped make my week less stressful.  I've been doing meal planning on the weekend for upcoming dinners.  I plan my meals and check my pantry for ingredients.  Whatever I need, I go to the store and grab them on the weekend and then I'm all set for the week.  I remember doing that when I use to work outside the home, but eventually got away from it.  I must say it feels good to get back to being more organized!  Anyway, here is one of the dinners that I made the other night and I thought I would share it with you.  It's not very difficult and I think it makes a good meal during the Fall. 

You will need these ingredients:



rotini pasta,  ground beef, green bell pepper, onion, can of whole tomatoes, beef bouillon,  
worcestershire sauce, pepper, milk, ricotta cheese, shredded cheddar cheese


Step 1:  brown ground beef with onion and bell pepper.



Step 2:  While that's cooking, cook pasta in boiling water.



Step 3:  drain excess grease from meat.


Step 4:  Add tomatoes, bouillon, worcestershire sauce and pepper. Simmer for 5 min.


Step 5:  Remove from heat and add milk, ricotta cheese, shredded cheddar cheese and cooked rotini pasta. 





Step 6:  Stir altogether.



Step 7:  Pour into casserole dish.  (I sprayed mine with cooking spray first.)


Step 8:  Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top.


Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 30 min. covered.  It will look like this when done.



Serve with garlic bread and salad.

It is really good.  I hope you will give it a try!

Here is the recipe.



I hope you all have a great weekend!  It finally feels like Fall here. 

~ Kelly ~ 


13 comments:

Betty said...

I really need to start doing that. I just decide the day before what to fix for dinner the next day. I would really like to plan out what to fix at least every week. That dish looks so nice and I will give it a try. Thank you.

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Meal planning is SUCH a smart, time-saving idea, but do I do it?? Nooooo!!

Maybe you can plan and email me all your recipes? Lol

xxx

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I need to start doing that too! Your recipe sounds perfect for a cool fall night.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Great idea! By planning you could limit trips to the store to once a week and avoid all the extra things that seem to pop in the shopping basket every trip you make.

Little Farmstead said...

Hi Kelly - I wanted to stop by and say CONGRATULATIONS on your adorable new grandbaby! She is a cutie and I know you'll have fun spoiling her and spending time with her. Your recipe looks good too! ;) I've thought about meal planning but seem to be flying by the seat of my pants these days... probably why I need to do it all the more. Have a great weekend! ~julie

This N That said...

My kind of meal Kelly..One you can eat all week..So many ingredients..Guess that's why I don't cook..;)

Debra said...

Oh, this looks so good, especially with the cooler weather coming. I will definitely be trying it out.

Junkchiccottage said...

I love to be organized with my meal planning too. This recipe looks so yummo! I am going to try this one.
Have a great weekend.
Kris

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

This sounds good and I love that it's a pretty easy recipe too. Fall meals are the best!

Wendy said...

Looks yummy! Love easy recipes.

Wild Oak Designs said...

A really good "rib sticker" as they say.
I used to do this kind of planning when the girls were little and it truly helped. I also used the coupons that came on Sunday to help with planning and keeping costs down.....
Now its just the two of us...except occasionally....

Nancy
wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

JadeyLady said...

Sounds so delish!!! Thanks 4 sharing! I think I'm going 2 prepare this meal tonight.

Tammy D said...

I am actually looking for the original recipe (printable) because I am making a cookbook for my daughters with their favorite dishes I make. I think I cut it out of the coupon section in the 90's. My hubby, me and all 3 girls LOVE it! ...but I definitely measure the cheese with my heart! LOL .. I am thinking I am going to have to type and print this one :( It is delicious!