Friday, October 13, 2017

Modern Farmhouse Additions to the Family Room

Hello everyone!

Ever since Fall arrived, I've been adding more warmth to our home with the addition of black and wood tones.  It helps off set all of the white.  I'm liking the modern farmhouse look that it's creating.  Since I have such a neutral color palette throughout my house, it allows me to change up accessories easily.  

The first thing that I did, was to move my white slipcovered chair out of the family room and into the sitting room. That allowed me to  bring in the kubu chairs that were at my kitchen table.   I  replaced them with the ones that were in my sitting room that have a slightly different shape.  Did you follow all of that?  






The slipcovered chair is now in the sitting room with room for an ottoman now.  


Ok, back to the family room.  Then I added more greenery around the fireplace.


 I added more texture to the coffee table with this branch.  I love the look of organic accessories.  


I stacked some weathered wood crates in the corner behind the sofa.


And added textured pillows with black and white fabric to the sofas.



This room is really a mix of French and modern farmhouse styles.  


Back in the sitting room, I filled the corner beside the large grey cabinet with this black and cream fabric container.  I love the texture it adds to the space. 


So, there you have it!  A little bit of modern and French farmhouse all blended together!  I think it works.  

Oh, and guess what happened to me on Wednesday, October 11th?!  If you follow me on Instagram, then you already know this, but I became a grandma!  Well, actually I became a "Mimi".  That's what I hope to be called.  

Meet Addison Jane.  6 lbs 7 oz, 18.5 inches long


So, now you know my life will become a little busier, and hopefully,  happier and fuller!  I look forward to spending a lot of time with her. 

Hope you all have a great weekend!

~ Kelly ~

23 comments:

Calypso In The Country said...

How precious! Congratulations Mimi! That's what my kids call my mom too and she loves it. She started out as "Grammy" but my son started saying "Mimi" and that stuck. Such an exciting time for you and your family! Your decorating changes look beautiful too. I love this time of year!
Shelley

JoAnne said...

Congratulations, Kellly. Addison is precious and I know you will love her to pieces! Love your modern farmhouse touches - it looks great!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Congrats on becoming a Mimi! Your home looks lovely.

Brenda Pruitt said...

Congrats on your new title! You'll love being a grandma. I love the textural detail you've added. The greenery really pops!
Brenda

Debra@CommonGround said...

How wonderful, Kelly, she's so precious! I always love seeing the changes you make in your decor, just changing up a pillow, or chair, or adding some sort of organic texture. It's always beautiful!

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Congratulations Kelly!! She's precious and I'm sure you're going to be a great grandma! I mean Mimi lol.

Your modern touches are wonderful, and you're so lucky that you can move things around so easily. Makes life interesting:).

xxx

Stacey said...

Little Addison is so precious!!

Your home is always beautiful. Soon you'll have little photo frames sprinkled around with little girl pics. :)

Wild Oak Designs said...

Love what you did with your house...but love your new granddaughter even more!! She is adorable!
Being a Grandparent...oh it gives such joy!!
We are expecting our second grandson in a few weeks....enjoy!!
Nancy
wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love the changes especially the trees by the fireplace and the other green around the room.
Congrats again Mimi and I look forward to meeting my great niece!

This N That said...

Congratulations "Mimi"..Sweet name...I love your changes..So much warmer..A little color, even if it's black picks things up a bit..

Cindy@CountyRoad407 said...

Beautiful room, beautiful granddaughter - Congrats! My Addison (Marie) is 18. Time does fly by and I love the name Mimi!

Unknown said...

Looks fabulous. Congrats on becoming a Mimi. Quick question - where did you get the two prints above your new black and cream container? I'd love to see a closer look at them.

cloches and lavender said...

Congratulations Kelly, she's so tiny and perfect.

Love all your additions. The crates are beautiful.

I just noticed we have the same chandelier.

Cindy

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

Sounds like musical chairs at your house! Lol! I love switching things up like that. I really like those crates too. And congrats again on that beautiful granddaughter! What a blessing!

NanaDiana said...

Well, first off...CONGRATULATIONS! What a beautiful baby granddaughter. Nothing like it in the world. Your heart is no longer your own and the first time you hear Mimi lisp from those little lips I guarantee there will be tears of pure joy in your eyes!

Your home is lovely- I really like the addition of the black and I love that most pefect branch on your table. It all looks just lovely...perfect for a brand new Mimi!!! xo Diana

Junkchiccottage said...

Love to swoon over the pics of the house but the best pic is of Miss Addison. What a beautiful little angel. I know your heart has grown 10 times more now that she has entered your family. I am called Mimi and love it so I hope Addison will call you that too.
Enjoy my friend. This is one of the best blessings that life gives us. Congrats I am so excited for you.
xoxo
Kris

Bliss said...

I have been so busy marrying off daughter #2 that I didnt know you were going to become gramma #1!

Debra said...

Congratulations on the newest addition to the family. She is so precious. I love how you are able to mix it up and create an entirely new look.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Little Addison is just precious, Kelly! Such a wonderful blessing!
I love the way you are dressing your place for fall...beautiful textures...it's a lovely space!

Maria Elena said...

Congratulations, Kelly! She is beautiful! You will have the best time with her. Love, love your room. The color scheme is gorgeous! Take care, Maria

UplayOnline said...

Congrats again Mimi and I look forward to meeting my great niece!


เย็ดสาว

Katie Mansfield said...

Congratulations! What a sweetie.

Aaron said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.