Friday, November 24, 2017

A Home Tour

Hello everyone!

How was your Thanksgiving?  We had a nice one!  It was beautiful weather and we spent the day at my nieces house for dinner. She lives in a beautiful home that she recently moved in to so I thought I would share some photos with you.  She likes to decorate with neutrals and prefers pretty feminine style furnishings just like I do.  So, I was very smitten with her decor!  We are definitely a kindred spirit when it comes to decorating.  My only regret is that I forgot to get a pic of the outside of the house.  It was so charming!  

You first walk through the front door and the living room is to the right and the dining room is to the left.



Love the Amazing Grace sign!  She must give it to me if she ever tires of it.  "wink"


Her dining table was  missing a couple of chairs because she moved them to the bigger table in another room.  

The wallpaper is not her taste, but she is working around it  The light fixture is SO pretty!


This pretty piece is in the foyer.  Notice we have the same mirror!


A half bath is off the foyer too.  I fell in love with the marble and chrome sink unit.


I love her pretty staircases too.



Straight ahead is the family room.  It's nice and roomy with huge windows across the back wall.  






Her bookcases, beside the fireplace, have such pretty accessories in them.  




We have many of the same things.  One of which are these cane wing back chairs.  


Their keeping room, off the kitchen, has been turned into a dining area. 


Wasn't her table set pretty?  The flowers she used on her tables were all fresh.  She made the arrangements herself since she and her husband have their own wedding venue business.  She gets a lot of practice setting tables! 



Here is another arrangement that she made.



Here is a shot of her huge kitchen!


I would love to have an island as large as that!  It's a great kitchen.

And last, but not least, is one of her guest rooms.  This was in the finished daylight basement.  She decorated it in cute bedding from Target.  


I didn't get to see the upstairs.  I'm sure her baby's nursery is darling.  They are renting this house for a couple of years until they can build their forever home.  But I would say this would be a great forever home to me!  

Hope you enjoyed the tour!  It's always fun to get a taste of how someone else lives and gain inspiration from their ideas.  I know I was inspired!  

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you have a great holiday weekend!

~ Kelly ~

8 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Your niece's home reminds me very much of yours, Kelly! Gorgeous, and I simply love the light colors. Her family room would be a dream come true if it were mine! I love the dining room and table setting, and yeah, an island like that is on my wish list!

Thanks for a great tour and lovely pics!

Jane

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

I think your niece has been inspired and influenced by YOU Kelly. Her style is exactly like yours!

I adore so many of the design touches in this house...that chunky mirror being at the top of the list. I’m not exactly sure what a ‘keeping room’ is. I will have to google that, but how nice that the house has two fireplaces. All her rooms are spacious and light filled, and yes, that island is a dream come true.

xxx

Debra said...

Your niece's home is as lovely as yours is.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Lovely home, thanks for sharing it with us.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh my goodness, Kelly - her house is gorgeous! I love her style and all her decor tastes.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful tour with us. Is the guest room downstairs where you stayed, if you stayed over?

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Yes, the two of you are kindred spirits for sure! What a lovely home.

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

This is a beautiful house! I love that kitchen and she's an expert at floral arranging. So many pretty touches.

Junkchiccottage said...

Kelly,
Your nieces home is gorgeous. How pretty and comfy every room feels. Her style is very much like yours. Peaceful and cozy.
Beautiful. Thanks for sharing her home with us.
Hugs,
Kris