Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Snapshots


I thought I'd share just a few snapshots of Christmas decor around the house that I haven't shown you yet.

I don't have a very large dining room, so I keep my decor to a minimum in there.  I added a nature inspired Santa to my sideboard. 


He is standing amongst some Christmas greenery and antlers.  Yes, that's right.  Antlers, not reindeer.  Something seems wrong with this picture, doesn't it?


His colors match my Christmas decor perfectly.  I found him packed away in my basement when I was cleaning it out.  Glad I found him!


I added nothing more than simple greenery around my glass jug on the table.  Ahhh....simplicity!


In my family room, I hung a wreath on my armoire that holds vintage books.


I adorned the wreath with burlap ribbon, white and silver ornaments and a feathery friend.  This continues my nature inspired Christmas theme this year.


I found a vintage inspired Noel sign to hang on my chest too. I love touches of silver glitter.


Another find from my basement was this prelit little Christmas tree.  I found the perfect place for it in my foyer near the skirted table.  I love how it lights up that area at night.  I wrapped some burlap around the base and left the tree unadorned.


Since I cleaned out my basement, I took a lot of things to a consignment store to sell. Of course, while I was there,  I had an obligation to look around.  Don't we all?  I found one thing that I just had to bring home.  This sweet little tree wrapped in burlap.


He fits perfectly on my kitchen counter next to my sink.  I tied a red ribbon around him and now he's set! 

I've just about finished my Christmas shopping.  I still have stockings to buy for and my dog!  Ha! I am ready to start wrapping gifts soon.  I'm just waiting on some bakers twine to be delivered.  I'm going to be wrapping my gifts in brown Kraft paper and other neutral solid shades with twine and ribbon.  I found the cutest little gift tags at World Market the other day.  I will be tying those on to the gifts.  I'll share them with you once they're complete.

Visit these posts for more holiday cheer:


~ Kelly ~

I'm linking to the following:






21 comments:

bj said...

I love your simple and natural decorating. The wreath is wonderful and I LOVE the little burlaped tree.

505whimsygirl said...

I like your decorating style!! Speaking only for myself, I don't think is anything wrong with using antlers as decorations, even with Santa watching over them. Who knows, they could be his precious memories of reindeer past?!?

I wasn't going to decorate for Christmas, mainly because I really don't have the storage to put things when not in use. Having said that, I have about a three foot tree and am going to put lights on it and just a few handmade ornaments. You've helped me get into the season!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly! oh, I love your style and how you put it all together! Cute little tree too!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Kelly I love all your Christmas touches and I love the Santa and antlers in your dining room! Cute little tree, I wouldn't have passed it up either:)

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Great snaps Kelly. Your tiny trees are adorable.

Kathy said...

Love your simple - elegant decor! Perfect! The things you found in your basement are very nice! I have enjoyed my visit to your blog and am happy to be your newest follower!
Kathy

Debbiedoos said...

Looks awesome Kelly! Just the right touch to get the gist of Christmas:) Love the burlap too.

Olive said...

When I make my weekly trip to the three consignment stores it so hard not to buy something. I sometimes do though. The trees with burlap are wonderful and are very Kelly style.

Brenda Pruitt said...

I like all your touches, Kelly. I wish I had a basement or somewhere to put all this stuff once I take it down!
Brenda

Brenda Pruitt said...

I like all your touches, Kelly. I wish I had a basement or somewhere to put all this stuff once I take it down!
Brenda

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Love the wreath with the sweet bird...and your burlap wrapped tree.

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

I love all the wreaths...especially the way you put them on your cabinet and mirror. I just might have to try that! Thanks for the great inspiration. Happy Holidays Kelly!

At The Picket Fence said...

Everything looks so lovely Kelly! You manage to find that balance between keeping things simple and yet still having it all look so decorated and elegant. You've got the touch for sure! :-)
Vanessa

rachel@Acts of Life said...

Kelly you made me laugh with the Santa surrounded by the antlers lol...maybe he changed his mind about reindeer. I like your natural themed decor...it all looks nice.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Kelly, everything looks great! Those little trees are just adorable; and your wreaths look great!! Everything looks so festive and ready for the holidays. Thanks for sharing!

Andrea said...

it all looks so pretty! Santa and antlers-tee hee, never thought of it as they seem to go so well together =)

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Kelly,
Love the wreath with the bird so elegant! Your found Santa is perfect for your theme this year, love the antlers for the woodland look...
All the Best,
Christine

Tanna said...

LOVE the big glass jar!! Simplicity is so beautiful and you do it so well, Kelly. blessings ~ tanna

Pondside said...

It's lovely, Kelly. I really like the way you take the glitter and tone it down so that the sparkle is still there, but it's a quiet sort of glitter. Your house is beautiful!

Amy Chalmers said...

Love this style! The pair of monogrammed lamps with the wreath pic was inspiring. I bet the tree looks great in your kitchen too. I am going to the consignment store myself today!

Carolyn@Sweet Chaos Home said...

I want to shop in your basement, Kelly! Beautiful Christmas decorations. I love that glass jug!! Keep that in mind if you ever decide to store it away in the basement :)