Monday, November 23, 2015

Gold and White Accents

Hello everyone!

Since brass went out of style many years ago, I've made a conscious effort to replace it in my home.  However, as it is coming back in style, I've noticed that metallic gold accents in the home are also following it.  I'm still not back on the brass bandwagon, but I do like some touches of gold and white in home accessories lately.  

So, I found these cute gold and white pictures and hung them in my hallway.



I like the juxtaposition of the gold and white with the rustic pieces I have in my house.  I think it adds a little bit of glamour.  Much like my chippy painted coffee table and the crystal chandelier in the same room.  

I also used these metallic gold pillar candles in  my family room.  I decided to tie them together with white ribbon and put them under a cloche.  The pedestal they are sitting on is more rustic though.


Finally, you may remember in my last post the decorative toy horse that I painted.  I thought it needed something around his neck but I wasn't ready for Christmas greenery just yet.  So, I added these metallic gold bells hung on rope around his neck.  I can easily add some greenery to him during the holidays.  The bells can be used anytime though.  





These are all subtle ways to add a little finesse to your space!  When I decorate for Christmas, I will use silver and white and probably a little more gold thrown into the mix.  

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Kelly ~

17 comments:

Stacey said...

Kelly, your room is so pretty and I can totally see little touches of gold being added.

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Your pretty living room would look great with little touches of gold, especially for the holidays. That's what is so great about neutrals. You can do anything you want without too much fuss.

Love the necklace on your cute horse :)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Your touches of gold look great.

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

The candles under the cloche are so pretty! I almost bought a cloche the other day and didn't. Now I want to go back! I think the bells are a great idea and they'll look great with your horse year round. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

So pretty Kelly! I love the touch of sparkle your gold accents add to your space. xo

This N That said...

I like what you did with the horse..Nice touch..

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Just when we all got rid of our gold and brass decor, here it comes back again! Good thing I've still got my 1920's brass bed!

The gold accents bring an elegant touch to your all white decor, Kelly. I love the horse you painted, too!

NanaDiana said...

You do everything so "pretty", Kelly. It is kind of fun to see the brass and gold back in favor again, isn't it? I love that things go in cycles like they do. The gold really looks "rich" with your white palette! Love it. xo Diana

cynthia lee designs said...

Love the touches of gold. Your room is so pretty!!
~Cindy

Jane@Bluebird1959 said...

Funny how things come and go, in home decor (and fashion!). Your gold additions are lovely and really add a quiet elegance to your already beautiful decor. Happy Thanksgiving, Kelly to you and your family - thank you for your wonderful blog and all the great ideas you share. Jane

Maria Elena said...

What a beautiful room, Kelly! Your gold touches are so pretty! Happy Thanksgiving! xxx Maria

Barbara @ 21 Rosemary Lane said...

Love your touches of gold Kelly! Can't wait to see your home decked out for Christmas!
XO Barbara

Finding Grace Interiors said...

Love the touches of gold here and there. so classy, elegant and glamorous!
Happy Thanksgiving!!

Unknown said...

I'm kind of loving gold right now and so seeing how you've added it has just sold me completely - since I love everything you do !!!
And I need that horse - seriously - I. Need. That. Horse. !
xox

Linda said...

Very pretty Kelly!
I have always liked a touch of gold in a room!!

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

I like the gold touches here and there. I am using gold and silver on our tree...I have been for a couple of years, but I just love the look.

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

I'm glad to hear that brass is on it's way back, because I have some in my house, and never replaced it, lol! Your additions of gold are just right - the bells on the horse are a great touch!