Tuesday, August 30, 2016

New Sign and Pillow

Hello everyone!

How is your week going so far?  Mine is going well.  It's another hot one in Atlanta!  I keep seeing Fall decor inspiration on blogs and Instagram but can't imagine bringing mine out any time soon.  Hopefully, it won't be too much longer, though, since college football starts this weekend.  My husband is VERY excited about that.  (Go Dawgs!)  That makes me excited for Fall festivals, sitting around a fire pit (which my husband still promises me he will build), the smell of burning leaves in the subdivision, and looking at the pretty Fall colors once the leaves change.  

I wanted to show you this pretty (and unique) pillow that I bought the other day.  It's handmade from Lavender and Grace.  I discovered them from Instagram.  You can visit her Etsy site HERE.



You can customize this pillow by picking out what size and what wording you want.  You can choose numbers too.  She makes these with or without patches for the same price.  

I loved the patches!  Her prices are very reasonable too.


I know it will make its way around my house.  It's so neutral that I can use it anywhere.  I chose the word "vintage" for mine.  


I also recently bought this cute sign from a local antique shop.  I planned on putting it in my guest room, but it looked a bit too dark in there.  The sign has a slight bluish cast to it and it just didn't look right in there.  So, I tried it in here and loved it.  It is hand painted by a lady that sells her signs in a booth there.  There were many to choose from.  


I'm really enjoying my new additions to this room. 

 Have you noticed that it's starting to get dark earlier?  I'm liking that! Now, if it will just cool off and STAY that way, I will be very happy.  

Be sure to come back here tomorrow night for our weekly Share Your Style party!

~ Kelly ~ 

21 comments:

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

I love your new pillow! I especially like the patches. They add a little something extra and make it interesting. Your new sign is lovely too! I'm so looking forward to fall. It's still hot here, but there's a very slight drop in temps, which is nice. Don't get me wrong, it's not cool or anything, but at least we're in the 90's instead of over 100 degrees. :) That's funny you mentioned it getting darker already because I just noticed that last night! I noticed it looked a bit dark outside and I thought there might be a thunderstorm, but it was just already getting dark. I love it too. :)

Brenda Pruitt said...

Wish fall would hurry up and get here already! Love the pillow!
Brenda

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Love your pillow and your sign, Kelly! They look great! I have also noticed that the days are getting shorter. I love that! I enjoy turning on the lamps, lighting a candle and pretending it's cooler outside. But, we have a bit of time before that happens here.

Deserae said...

Love your new pillow....the patches are so cute! Your new wall sign is very pretty too. I am ready for the cooler temps!!!
~Des

Summer said...

I love both the sign and the pillow! Beautiful ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Kelly! I love the cute pillow and your new sign. No Fall decorating going on here yet.....95 degrees today.

Christine at Little Brags said...

Drooling over here! GORGEOUS pillow from the queen of pillows!!! xoxoxo

Blondie's Journal said...

Kelly,

This pillow is wonderful! I think the little patches make it very original. I'm definitely visiting her shop. The icing on the cake is finding your own word. Thanks for the link.

Our temps have gone back down to normal for the Midwest but the humidity is terrible. I feel like I can't breathe when I'm outdoors. Hopefully it will get better soon for all of us.

Jane

Pamela said...

Love your new sign Kelly. Yes, it is still terribly hot out here in Tx too but cooler temps are on the way. Next week it will be down to 70 at night at least for a few nights. We are so ready for fall. Hubby is ready for football season to get going as well. We are a "Go Yellow Jackets", "Go Dawgs", and "Go LSU" and eventually I am sure when our boys go off to school we will be a "Go Longhorns".

Stacey said...

Very pretty! I follow her on Instagram also. There are so many Instagrammers with amazing temptations. :)

Unknown said...

Very pretty purchases Kelly!! They both look right at home in your darling living room! We are starting to cool off just a tad here into the 80s, but I'm really looking forward to the 70s they're calling for this weekend. xo

cloches and lavender said...

Love the pillow, first thing I said was love the patches. The saying on t he new sign is a keeper. Getting things ready in my mind for fall. Being hot and humid always makes me wait a few week.

Cindy

Amy Chalmers said...

I love all the pillows that you have that go with your new pillow too. The grey floral is soooo pretty! It mixes up nicely with the graphic shabby VINTAGE pillow.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Nice additions. I love that pillow. Suppose to be much nicer this weekend. I can't wait!

Bliss said...

The pillow is most excellent, good find, it's perfect.

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Hang in there Kelly. The temps will drop soon enough, and then you can get your hubby to build that firepit :). It's a very easy project to do!

The pillow is precious!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I love your pillow and sign, Kelly...always fun to find special handmade pieces! It is definitely starting to look like an early fall here...so I am decorating for it! Hope it won't be an early winter, too...

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Hang in there Kelly. The temps will drop soon enough, and then you can get your hubby to build that firepit :). It's a very easy project to do!

The pillow is precious!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

That pillow is perfect for your home! Fall is my favorite time of the year, but I am still enjoying the summer while it lasts.

Debra said...

I love your new additions. And also your Love Letters. The pillow is so sweet and will go in any room in your house.

cynthia lee designs said...

Love the pillow!! We had a cooler day here in Ohio. I'm ready for Fall to get here.