Friday, February 3, 2017

Adding French Style in the Foyer

Hello everyone!

Happy Friday!  Are you ready for the big Super Bowl game?  I'm excited about it because my home team is playing in it..........Atlanta Falcons!  We are going to a friends house for a Super Bowl party so it should be fun.  Fingers crossed that we beat the Patriots!  (Sorry to all of you Patriots fans.  I just can't help rooting for my home team.) 

I've been making a lot of changes around my home lately.  Many of them have happened in my foyer.  I decided to part with my painted grey bench that I've had forever for this caned back french style bench. It came from a local home interiors store.



I fell in love with the linen and weathered wood on it.



I also removed my black iron monogram piece over my front door and replaced it with this large metal farmhouse sign.  It came from Cracker Barrel of all places!


I replaced my white lamp with this heavy grey base lamp with white shade. It came from the same store as my bench.


I love the detail on the lamp shade and the unique pointy finial (that isn't showing up good in pics). 


But I saved the best for last!  It is what kicked off this mini makeover in the first place.  This french style chandelier replaced my very old and dated shiny brass chandelier.  It came from Wayfair.com.


We had to hire an electrician to come out and hang it since our foyer is 20 ft high!  I was amazed when I saw their 16 ft step ladder.  I've never seen a ladder that tall before!  They hung it lower than our last one on purpose.  Since our foyer is so high, you don't really notice the chandelier from below (until you come upstairs).  Now, it's more noticeable and looks good from both levels.  The electrician said that you really only need it hung right in front of your window if people from the street can see it in the window.  That would apply to a house on a corner or at the end of a culdesac.  Our house is up on a hill and your car never faces our house.  So, this works fine for us.  I learned something new!


We also had them put it on a dimmer switch so we could adjust the brightness of it.  I love that I can light up my foyer more softly now. We have a 3 way switch for our foyer light and it required a special dimmer switch.

I have many more projects/makeovers to share in the near future!  So, I hope you'll continue to check back.

Have a great weekend! 

~ Kelly ~


23 comments:

Teresa P said...

Kelly,
Thank you for the chuckle this morning!! Thought I better let you know that the Packers Fans already had their bubble busted. They aren't going to the Super Bowl but rather the New England Patriots.

Thought I better let you know before you head over to your Super Bowl Party..HA! Being a Southern Girl, I am rooting for the Falcons too.

BTW....Love your new chandelier in the foyer. It looks so nice. Glad I didn't have to hang it. I would have gotten dizzy on that high ladder.

Deserae said...

Wow, I love your new chandy, it is stunning!!! Your new bench is so beautiful too. Love all the changes you have made to your foyer.
Good luck at the super bowl....hope your team wins!!!
Have a great weekend.....
~Des

My Cozy Casita said...

Beautiful I love ❤️ your new Chandy and the bench your home it so lovely I'm ready for the Super Bowl
We are BBQ and have nice time
Enjoy your weekend
Blessing
Isora

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

It all looks wonderful! I had a similar chandelier two houses ago and will be heading back in that direction with the new house!

Katie Mansfield said...

I love the chandelier. We opted not to hang ours either. I'm so glad we hired it out. The bench is gorgeous. I love all your changes.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love the chandy and the other new pieces!! Rise Up Falcons!

Junkchiccottage said...

It all looks so beautiful Kelly. Love that chandelier so pretty. Hoping for your Falcons to win!!!
Hugs,
Kris

Unknown said...

Ooh. Everything is so luvly Kelly.
Whew, yeah, I would have hired that out as well.
Happy weekend!

NanaDiana said...

Oh My Gosh! I LOVE that chandelier. It is a perfect lighting piece for your foyer. Great pick! I really like the FARMHOUSE sign, too. What a find that was! xo Diana

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

Great changes, all o them! I need a bench like that in my foyer. My problem is that they are all just a little too wide. I'm rooting for Atlanta, too, mostly because I'd root for anyone but the Patriots, but also, because there are four players on the Falcons from my college alma mater -Rutgers. Enjoy the party!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love the bench, chandy and the sign. Your foyer is looking fabulous.

Maria Elena said...

Your foyer looks so pretty, Kelly! I love your new bench and your chandelier is just gorgeous. Beautiful space!

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

I am a huge chandy whore Kelly, and this one looks beautiful! When we moved into the cabin full time, I REFUSED to give up 2 chandeliers even though there is no way we could use them there. Hope springs eternal...

As for the Super Bowl, I don't care who wins, but now that I know you do, I promise I'll cheer for the Falcons ;).

xxx

Angelina at Petite Haus said...

Oh la la! Love your makeover! The chancy and the bench are beautiful!

Debra said...

I love all of the changes. I saw the picture of the ladder and the electrician removing the old chandy. You really got some nice pieces.

This N That said...

Love the look Kelly..I can't believe that there is anything old in your house..

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

All your changes are amazing, Kelly!!!

Cynthia said...

Loving the new chandelier Kelly and the bench is also beautiful. Adore the frame on the mirror too. Did you paint it? For some reason I don't remember it. Enjoy the Superbowl, our team, the NY Jets will never be good.

Cindy

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

Love, love, love the chandy! Good tip about hanging it lower too. That way, you can enjoy it more. Your bench is so pretty too. It's fun to change things up. Good luck to your Falcons today!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Gorgeous new additions to your home, Kelly! I'd definitely hire out to hang a chandelier from that height, too. I LOVE the farmhouse sign! I wish I had more wall space to hang something like that. The finish on the bench and lamp are perfect for your home. I'm not much of a sports fan, so I don't even know who won!

Have a great week!

Unknown said...

So charming Kelly!! Love all your new pieces and changes. xo

Bigger said...

Love this article...so informative and inspiring...thank you
http://blogadventureindecoration.blogspot.co.id

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

That chandy is to die for!!!!! I love it so much! It is my dream light fixture!