Tuesday, May 26, 2015

A Country Wedding Part Two

Hello everyone!

Here are the rest of the pics from the wedding we went to last weekend.  If you missed part one, it is the post just prior to this one.

We headed downstairs to the reception being held in the barn.  Everything was very rustic!





The decorations were very country and simple with a homespun feel.  They were perfect for this venue.  The cakes looked like simple homemade cakes rather than elaborate bakery style.  They were placed on risers covered in moss.  They served a variety of pies and cakes just like you would expect at a family gathering. Each dessert had a wooden stick in it  and a handwritten label of what kind it was.  



Behind the table of desserts were these pretty country style flowers.  They were filled in simple bottles and jars as if they had been picked from the outside fields.


The tables and chairs were all wooden with mismatched chairs and the centerpieces were made from materials you could easily find on the farm.  A tripod of sticks held small bouquets of baby's breath and a slice of wood supported a small jar holding fresh greenery.  Each table had a different form of greenery.


While we were waiting on the wedding party to arrive to the reception, my husband and I snapped some pics of each other.





This cute food truck served alcoholic beverages for the guests.  In another section they offered sweet tea, water and lemonade.


This is the back side of the barn set up for dancing.  A DJ played music and made the announcements.  After dark,  the string lights were turned on and it was very pretty.



Here is a view of where the wedding ceremony took place on the hill in front of the plantation.  You can just barely see the white folding chairs and the fountain.


And finally, here is the happy couple taking their first dance as husband and wife!


As you can see, her gown was even in line with the country simplicity of the evening.  It all felt very charming  and comfortable.  There was nothing pretentious here. 

I hope that you enjoyed seeing these pics from this pretty country wedding!  I wish we could've stayed to see the couple off to their honeymoon, but we had a long drive to make back home.  So, we didn't get to see their exit!   

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Kelly ~



20 comments:

Finding Grace Interiors said...

What a beautiful wedding!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us! I love the pics of you and your hubby. You guys make a great couple and you looked so beautiful.
The hutch behind you in the picture took my heath await!!
XO

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

So pretty! I love the idea of having cake AND pie at the reception. Love the simplicity of it all. Those food trucks are becoming so popular for weddings and parties. They seem very convenient too. The different flowers in bottles and jars are a nice, romantic touch. Oh, I just love it all!!! Thanks for sharing these pics!

Miss Merry said...

So gorgeous. It looks like a storybook wedding! Some really neat ideas.

Blondie's Journal said...

There are so many original ideas here, Kelly, and simplicity is the keyword! I bet there will be a lot of Pins on this wedding! I really love the cakes...that's a really cool idea having several that all look homemade. And the flowers in the bottles. Makes me want to do the whole wedding thing over again! lol!

You and your husband look wonderful---you have the prettiest brown eyes!

Jane x

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Such a sweet country wedding! I just loved it! Thank you for sharing it with us! You looked lovely!

20 North Ora said...

Lovely wedding. Wonderful photos of you and your hubby!

Glad you had a good time. Thanks for sharing with us.

Judy

Rue said...

What a beautiful wedding! Gosh they look young.... I remember what that was like. Well, kind of LOL

Thank you for taking us with you :)

rue

NanaDiana said...

Kelly-What a beautiful, simple and wonderful wedding. Aren't those just fun-when all the pomp and circumstance is dropped and you are left with sweet informality?
You LOOK BEAUTIFUL...and your hubby is pretty handsome, too! Love it all-and thanks for sharing it.
My Hubby is performing a wedding in a barn in 2 weeks. We can't wait! xo Diana

Barbara @ 21 Rosemary Lane said...

Oh how perfect a wedding Kelly! I love all the sweet touches. If I had it to do all over again I would do a barn wedding. (only I'd have to pick a wedding day not at the end of November!!!)
Thanks for sharing!
XO Barbara

Joy Junktion said...

What a sweet fun wedding that must have been. So happy your were able to attend and thank you for sharing these photos! I'm sure the bride and groom were pleased with the whole thing. Blessings, Cindy

Wanda said...

Kelly I have enjoyed your blog for a long time and don't always comment. But have used many of your ideas in your home in my little limited apartment.

The wedding is lovely, and most of all I loved seeing a picture of you and your dearest. YOU are lovely.

Unknown said...

Simply charming! What a beautiful wedding and couple.

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Looks like a charming and fun wedding Kelly, and you and your husband must have upstaged the bride and groom ;).

Thank you for sharing!

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

Such a pretty wedding Kelly. I love simple and I hope my kids choose simple weddings one day :)

Bliss said...

I want a barn that has weddings, how fun would that be to see every weekend!

This N That said...

Beautiful and simple..Much happiness to the couple.

cynthia lee designs said...

What a beautiful barn wedding!! To me...some of the prettiest weddings I've been to have been very simple and very beautiful.
Cindy

Cynthia said...

How pretty. The grounds are beautiful and it looked like a nice day.

Cindy

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

That looks like an incredible place to have a wedding! Really enjoyed your photos! My friend's daughter just got engaged and she wants to have the reception in a barn - I'll have to show her your posts. Love the photos of you and hubby! You look so pretty!

mackyton said...

Yeah buddy; you are right on hiring wedding reception halls in Atlanta is a best way to eliminate lots of planning stress and work. I am also getting married next week, so I will consider your advice to enjoy my special day.