Friday, December 25, 2015

Our Christmas Morning

Hello everyone!

I hope that you all are having a wonderful Christmas!  We celebrated ours a day early since my husband is a fire fighter and had to work on Christmas day.  They are extremely under staffed so it was very important for him to be there.  

On a sad note, we woke up Christmas Eve morning to the news that my husband's mother had passed away.  It had been expected for a long time but still it was very difficult getting the news on what normally would've been a happy day.  It also happened to be her 80th birthday!  She had been sick for many years after having a stroke.  Her health slowly declined and she was recently placed in hospice care.  She is now in heaven with her husband and parents and no longer suffering. Her funeral will be next week.

On a lighter note, we tried to make the most of our Christmas for the kids.  We let them sleep late and then opened presents.  

  



It was rainy and dismal outside, so there wasn't a lot of natural light for good pictures.  


My oldest son got a new iphone 6 and a lot of clothes. My youngest got a new gaming chair and xbox one games along with an external hard drive just to hold more storage to play those games!


Here is my husband opening up one of his gifts. 


And here I am opening up a surprise from my husband. (Please disregard the horrible photo - no makeup!)


He heard me mention that I would love to have some huge chunky prayer beads from Sugarboo.  So, he gave me that along with some spending money!  Woohoo!  (I think my dog thought they were for him.)  He also gave me something new in my kitchen which I'll share at another time.  



After presents were opened, we sat down to a french toast brunch.



We spent a quiet evening at home Christmas Eve night.  It was nice to relax after both a stressful, sad, and happy day all rolled into one.  

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas today and take time to be with your loved ones.  

Thanks for stopping by.

~ Kelly ~




26 comments:

Moni - Zuhaus at Home said...

Kelly, I am so sorry for your loss....your family will be in my prayers. May you be blessed with peace and comfort during this time.

Laura @ duke manor farm said...

merry christmas. prayers for your family.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

As you know I'm so sorry for your loss, but yes she is better off now and not suffering anymore. Way to go, Jimmy....I want some, too!!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

so sorry for your loss. So many people pass on their birthday or a holiday, sometimes I hate to see the big occasions come.

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Kelly. Condolences to your husband, and all your family. Your husband was so thoughtful to give you the prayer beads you wanted!

Rustic Maple Elizabeth said...

It looks like you made the best of your day. Condolences to your husband and your family on their loss. The large prayer beads are lovely and no surprise that you found the perfect spot for them already.

Jane@Bluebird1959 said...

So sorry for your family's loss Kelly. On a happy note, what a lovely gift from your husband and I am happy you had a wonderful day with your family close together. Jane

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother in law. Such a sad thing to happen at Christmas time. It was lovely seeing pictures of your family enjoying Christmas together. Those prayer beads are awesome!

Debra said...

My sympathy to you and your family. She is not suffering now. You will hold good memories of her in your heart.

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

My condolences Kelly.

You are beautiful even without any makeup.

xxx

Scribbler said...

Sincerest condolences on the loss of your husband's mother. Even when something like this is expected it is still very hard to accept. Glad you all were able to have good family time in spite of sorrow and obligations.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

So sorry for your family's loss, Kelly...that's especially hard at the holidays...xoxo

This N That said...

Sorry for your loss..It seems doubly hard over the Holidays...

White Lace and Promises said...

Kelly, so sorry about your mother-in-law. So hard anyway, but especially around the holidays. I'm glad you had Christmas the day before. At least it didn't keep your family from being together. Prayers for you and yours.

Susie said...

Kelly, Please give you husband a hug from us. So sorry about his mother. Your fellows are a good looking bunch. Blessings to all of you , xoxo,Susie

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law Kelly. Such a very sad time for your family.

Ron said...

Prayers for the family at this time. I love your beads.....

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Kelly. xo
Your boys look like they are enjoying themselves on your Christmas morning. My son also received video games this year. He caught my cold on Christmas Eve so he is breaking them all in while he's not up for doing much. I love your beads!! What a sweet gift. xo

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mother in law. Such a hard thing to deal with, especially around the holidays. One of the things my youngest son got was an external hard drive too! So funny! It seems the older they get, the more expensive their gifts become. :) Your husband was so sweet to surprise you with those prayer beads! And just look at Max! The look on his face is priceless...I bet he really did think they were for him! Lol! Can't wait to see what you got for your kitchen.

Stacey said...

Kelly, I'm so sorry about your mother in law. It's hard to lose someone at any time but especially on Christmas day!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Kelly, I am so very sorry for the loss of your mother in law. Sending prayers for your family.
Hugs.
Sherry

Debby said...

So sorry for your loss. We lost my husband's mother this month as well. It was time but it was still a hard. Saying goodbye is never easy. Glad you had a peaceful day to enjoy each other. Hugs

cynthia lee designs said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. I lost two aunts and my best friend this year...and it is never easy to say goodbye. Saying prayers for your family.
hugs,
Cindy

Junkchiccottage said...

Oh Kelly so sorry to hear about your MIL. So sad to lose her on the holiday. Glad you had a wonderful time with the boys. Have a great week as we head on down to the new year.
Kris

Maria Elena said...

Kelly, I am so sorry for your loss, specially during this time of the year. We went through the same thing a few years ago, also during the holidays. It is never easy. Glad you got to enjoy a peaceful family day. Love your new beads! :) Hugs, Maria

Christine at Little Brags said...

Hi Kelly, so sweet to see pictures of your cute family. I totally checked out this last week and hardly did any bloggy reading at all, so trying to catch up a little bit this week. I am very sorry to hear about your mother-in-law, my sincere condolences. Love the giant string from your hubby!!!!