Tuesday, December 29, 2015

What's New Around Here

Hello everyone!

I missed my usual Monday posting because I had a lengthy dr appt yesterday and a very busy weekend and wasn't able to put one together.  So, I'm just now able to get back to blogging this week.  Are you kind of pooped from all the Christmas activities yet?  I know I am.  I'm craving a "do nothing" day.  

I wanted to show you some new things that came my way for Christmas, along with where that cow picture moved to.  

I've been falling head over heels for anything "fur" this year.  Luckily, I can use them after Christmas too.  

I love this grey colored mohair pillow.  




My next love is artwork with quotes on it.  This one is hanging in my family room.  The lettering is in metallic gold (another fave of mine).  It was hard to get a clear picture of it though because of the sun glare.


Can you read it?  It says, "Laugh as much as you breathe Love as much as you live."

And speaking of my love for metallic gold and white, here are some pillows that I used to dress up my dining room chairs.




These look perfect for the holidays but can be used year round too.

Another love of mine, is pom poms.  I have a few throws already with pom poms but not sized like this!  These pom poms are huge!  


I don't think the picture does it justice.  

And finally, I love vintage style signs.  This one was appropriate for my kitchen.  I hung it in place of another sign that was here and I haven't yet decided what to do with the old one yet.


Now, I know you're all just dying to know where the cow picture moved to!  Ha!  It is hanging on the wall in my upstairs hallway that is also visible to the foyer.


The picture is so large that it needs a place to "breathe"!  So, for now ol "Bessie" is greeting us as we walk up the stairs to go to our bedrooms.  

I hope that you're making the most of these last few days of  2015.  I'm SO ready for 2016 to get here!  I think it will be a year of change for us.  So many new things will be happening and I'm excited about sharing it with all of you.  

I hope you will stop back by tomorrow for the final Share Your Style party of the year!

Thanks for stopping by.

~ Kelly ~

24 comments:

Bliss said...

ive never seen pom poms the size of Texas before!

Stacey said...

Hello pretty pom poms! You got some wonderful gifts this year that add so much to your already gorgeous home. I got a really great sign that I can't wait to show. :)

Deserae said...

You have found some wonderful goodies....love the fur pillow and sign!!!! I am dying to know where on earth did you find the pom pom throw?
Wishing you a very Happy New Year!!!
~Des

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Yes, do tell the source for the pom pom throw. Cow looks good there and I like your new signs.

20 North Ora said...

Love all of your new goodies. That throw with the huge pom poms is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us.

Happy New Year!

Judy

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

Bessie looks great there! I think it's fun to move things around like that. Love the super market sign and the pillows will look nice year round too. Pom poms are becoming one of my favorite things. I love to incorporate them into my decor whenever I can.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

I like Bessie in the new place with the breathing room. I have a large sheep piece that doesn't have a "home" yet (even after 2 or 3 years) because of its size. Now, after reading your post, I know why it didn't work where I had it. Thanks for the info...I'm looking for a wall space with breathing room for my piece now thanks to you.

Christine at Little Brags said...

Pom Poms and Furs, what else can a girl want?? LUV IT

Ron said...

Looks great, Kelly! xo

Brenda Pruitt said...

If I had that pom pom throw, Charlie Ross would chew all the poms off!
Brenda

cynthia lee designs said...

Everything looks great!! Love the pom-pom throw...nothing like a comfy blanket to warm you up on a winter day.
hugs,
~Cindy

Rustic Maple Elizabeth said...

Those are pretty new pillows and the throw with the huge pom poms is adorable! Your cow art looks great there.

Blondie's Journal said...

You've gone off into a bit of a new direction and I love it, Kelly. Everything is put together so beautifully and I love your new pillows and signs and that horse print is so beautiful!

I hope you are doing well. Sending a hug.

Jane x

Little Farmstead said...

Love your throw and that cow painting would look good anywhere! :) Looking forward to the new year as well and will be checking in often to see what changes are coming your way. Have a very happy new year's Kelly! ~julie

Art and Sand said...

I love the signs and the pillows, but that throw with the pom poms really caught my attention. I have to see about finding something with pom poms.

Debra said...

I really love the sign and pillows but everything looks so nice. And Bessie does deserve her special place, she is so cute.

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Bessie is just about the cutest cow I've ever see. Looks like she's happy in her new home.

Excited to see what you have in store Kelly!

xxx

This N That said...

Nice to see Bessie again..Love the Mohair pillow!! Happy New Year

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Kelly,
I got a pom pom throw like yours for Christmas. They are so fun to cuddle up with. Love yours. Happy New Year. May we see wonderful new adventures in the new year.
Kris

Unknown said...

Hey Kelly! I love all of your new goodies and trends!! The pom pom throw looks especially snugly and warm, you know I have a thing for ivory throws. :) Can't wait to hear about your upcoming plans. xo

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I love all your beautiful things. I've been crushin on fur myself this year. Can't seem to get enough of those fur throws and pillows.

hugs
Sissie

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

Love the sparkles in your home, and I like your new sign in the kitchen. Sorry we missed you this Christmas visit.

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

"ol Bessie" looks oh so adorable on that wall! and I totally heart all your pom pom throws especially this one...so pretty and elegant! Co-ordinates so prettily with those white-gold pillows <3 Wishing you and your family a safe, healthy and a very Happy New Year! Hugs, Poppy

Fox and Finch Antiques said...

Hi!
Isn't the with its huge decorative pom-poms, the most fabulous thing ever? Love it!
Ginene