Monday, December 21, 2015

The Easiest Cake You Will Ever Make!

Hello everyone!

With Christmas Eve and Christmas day almost upon us, I thought I would share a delicious and extremely easy cake to make.  I know many of you will be either hosting this holiday or visiting someone and needs to take something.  This cake is a great one to make for either of these situations!  
We just went to a Christmas party this weekend that I needed to bring a dessert to.  And this is the one that I brought.  I took some pics to share the process.

It's called Shaker Cake.  Some of you may have heard of it before and many of you probably haven't.  
First, you just combine the following in a bowl:

2 eggs (well beaten)
1 (20 oz) can of undrained crushed pineapple
2 c. sugar
2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda






Then mix it by hand or on the slowest speed of your mixer.


Then, pour it into an ungreased 9x13 pan.



Place it in the oven at 350 degrees for 35 - 45 minutes.


When it's done, it will look golden brown.


Once it cools, add cream cheese frosting to the top.

I cheated and used store bought, but you can make it homemade if you prefer.




Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the sliced cake to show you the inside, but it's an old fashioned style cake.  It's delicious!  I'm sure the homemade frosting would make it even better actually!  I was just short on time though.

So, if you would like to make this yourself, here is the recipe.  

_________________________________________________________________________

Shaker Cake

2 eggs (well beaten)
1 (20 oz) can of undrained crushed pineapple
2 c. sugar
2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda

Combine all ingredients by hand.  Pour into an ungreased 9 x 13 pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 min.

Cream Cheese Frosting

18 oz cream cheese
1/4 lb butter (1 stick)
1 1/2 c. confectioners sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
___________________________________________________________________________

Let me know if you decide to give this one a try or have had it before.

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Kelly ~

12 comments:

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

This sounds so good and easy! I love pineapple and I love cream cheese, so this works for me. I've used the store bought cream cheese frosting and was really impressed with it. Yum!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

YUM!

Linda said...

HMMM that's my kind of cake EASY!!!!

Unknown said...

Hmmm.. I bought pineapple to make a cake for Christmas Eve dinner. This works for me. Easier than what I was going to make. Thanks Kelly!
Happy Christmas!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

My mom made that cake and it's delish! This time of year it's all about time saving shortcuts to me, and I don't think anybody would know it wasn't homemade frosting. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Cynthia said...

This sounds really good and I have never heard of it, LOL. Have a very Merry Christmas.

Cindy

Ron said...

YUMMO! That looks and sounds sooooooooooo delicious.

Linda said...

Thank you for the recipe!!! I believe I will make that for Christmas Eve Dinner! I was looking for something good AND easy!!!

Katie Mansfield said...

It looks delicious. I'll have to give it a try.

This N That said...

Looks yummy Kelly..THanks for sharing

Junkchiccottage said...

Kelly,
This sounds so good. Easy and yummy love it. Have a wonderful Christmas.
Kris

Bliss said...

I have heard of it before, but maybe not by that name. Last time I made it was one of those "I forgot to drop something off" that I said I would, so had to make what was in the cabinet.