Friday, December 4, 2015

Pom Pom Frenzy

Hello everyone!

You may have noticed a theme going on in my Christmas decor when I shared my home tour HERE.  Besides the obvious white and silver used everywhere, I used a lot of pom poms.  I love pom poms!  There are a lot of tutorials on how to make them too if you haven't ever done it before.  They're very easy!  HERE is one that is easy to follow.  

Mine, however, were not hand made by me.  I bought mine.  In fact, just recently I bought this pom pom wreath from Joann's Fabric Store.  It was 60% off, so it was affordable.  Some of these are very expensive.  

I replaced my cotton boll wreath over my fireplace with it.  I thought it would be fun for the holidays.






Even my stockings have pom poms hanging off them!  They are from Target several years ago.



One of my favorites has to be this pom pom garland that I snagged from Anthropologie last year.  It was on sale at the close of the Christmas season so I grabbed it.  I didn't get to use it long last year, so I've really been enjoying it this year!





Something I use year round is this soft cream pom pom throw.  It also came from Target.  I found it on sale a while back.  I've noticed they have several other colors to choose from now.  


My favorite pom pom throw is this one though.  It is made of a sweater type material with fur pom poms!  It came from Home Goods.


And lastly, is this pom pom wreath that came from Target a few years ago.  It's different because it has silver bells intertwined into it.  



So, the moral of the story is...................

Use some pom poms in your Christmas decor AND your every day decor.  It's fun and they'll add a bit of femininity to your space.  

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.  I will be going to our first family Christmas get together of the season!  Whew!  It's already starting!

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Kelly ~







21 comments:

JoAnne said...

All of your pom poms look beautiful, Kelly. They do add a wonderful soft, cozy feeling. I've been meaning to make a trip to Joann's - I always find nice things there for a reasonable price.

Cynthia said...

Hi Kelly, playing major catch up. With Thanksgiving and Christmas decorating its been busy. Love all your pom poms. My favorites are the blue/gray throw and the wreath with the bells intertwined. The horse on the baskets is a neat piece. Enjoy your do Christmas get together.

Cindy

SImple and Serene Living said...

I love all of your pom pom, Kelly. Very festive. xo Laura

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Fun fun with the pom poms. Lucky you to snag the Anthro garland.

Deserae said...

You have some wonderful things with pom poms!!! That throw is my favorite though....gorgeous!!!! Have a great weekend!!!
~Des

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Love all of your pom poms but the grey throw is my favorite!

Stacey said...

Pom poms are perfect! I saw a throw yesterday at HomeGoods with pompoms and now I think I should go back and get it. :)

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

I love anything with Pom poms, and I wouldn't have been able to resist that wreath either. Great snag with the garland too!

Unknown said...

I did notice all of the fun pom poms in your Christmas tour post. They lighten up your elegant look - such a beautiful mix!

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

I'm a big fan of pom poms too! I have that same throw from Target and love it. I really like the wreath with the silver bells in it. Very cute! I love when I buy something at the end of the season and pack it away because it's like a fun surprise when I pull it out of the box the next year!

This N That said...

You do have a lot of PomPoms..They look great..

Our Hopeful Home said...

I have always wanted ALL your pom pom accessories! Wreaths, garland and blankets. I keep telling myself that I'm going to make them but it looks like I should just bite the bullet and start buying them! There's nothing like getting great Christmas stuff on clearance and pulling it out the next year -- it's like "yay!" Love it all!
xoKathleen

Junkchiccottage said...

Kelly you are a girl after my own heart with the pom pom's. I actually got that wreath from JoAnn's too with the 60% off. It is so cute. Love your mantel it is gorgeous and your stockings looks so cute with their pompoms.
Have a great Friday and wonderful week end.
Kris

Brenda Pruitt said...

I love them too! Your home looks so festive!
Brenda

Art and Sand said...

Your pom poms are so cute!

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your Pom Poms...so perfect for Chriasmas and winter. I'm sad...our Target store is closing after Christmas. So it will be a 30 minute drive instead of 10 minutes drive to get to Target.
~Cindy

Joy Junktion said...

Oh I love all of your sweet pom pieces! It's such a fun touch! May you have a wonderful weekend as well! Blessings, Cindy

Sandy said...

Okay Kelly, now you've got me hooked on pom poms. I'll be on the look-out and hopefully I can find a wreath or a throw with pom poms. Your house looks so beautiful for the season. I love silver and white for Christmas!

Linda said...

Kelly you need to invest in a Pom Pom maker! Bought ine at Michaels. A big ball of yarn at Walmart!!
Love the one with the silver bells!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

So much pom pom fun in your Christmas decor, Kelly! I'm loving the wreath accented with jingly bells! I've hung my garland that you inspired me to make last year in one of the guest bedrooms, and it adds a nice seasonal accent. Have fun at your family gathering!

Bliss said...

I'm pom pom-less. Not sure I even have something that resembles a pom pom, like a cotton ball. The roundest white thing here is me.