Friday, October 19, 2012

Blue Ridge Georgia

Hello everyone!
 
Now onto the second half of our day spent in the North Georgia mountains. 
 
After we left the apple orchard, we headed over to the shops in the old town of Blue Ridge.  It's a very picturesque town with a train that runs through it.  It's a passenger train too!  They take tours of that mountainous area.  We've done that before and it's a lot of fun!  This time, we just walked around looking in the shops and grabbed a bite of lunch. 
 
 
 
 




 
 
The colors of the trees were so much brighter here than at our house!
 
 


We saw several creative scarecrows on display throughout the town too.

 
 
 
 




 
 
Some of the shops and restaurants.......
 
 




 
 
We ate BBQ here.
 


There were lots of home decor, clothing and jewelry stores for the gals and outdoor clothing and fly fishing shops for the guys.  So, it was a win-win experience for both of us!  Ha! 

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  We are enjoying more pretty weather here and the kids have a 3 day weekend since school is out today. 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
~ Kelly ~
 

 






 

 


18 comments:

Deserae said...

What a sweet little town....it looks like the perfect spot to spend the afternoon :o) Love all the little scarecrows....so cute! Have a great weekend!!!!
~Des

Brenda Pruitt said...

Looks like a lovely town!
Brenda

All That Glitters said...

Hey Miss Lady!! That place looks like my kinda of town! I'm hungry now!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I have never been there before. I can't believe it. I thought we had been everywhere in the mountains. Looks like it may have been peak there when you went. Probably past peak now. I still have not bought the first pumpkin. I am so behind.

Blondie's Journal said...

This looks like so much fun, Kelly! Such a pretty little town! My hubby would love the fly fishing shop...it's his new hobby. The scarecrows are too cute!!

XO,
Jane

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

beautiful foliage! Fall has my favotite colors...the browns and oranges and everything earth colors

Unknown said...

What a great little town, Looks like you all had a fun fall day

Pattie

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

What a picturesque little town! I'd love to spend an afternoon there enjoying the shops and fall colors now that all our leaves have fallen.

Kelli said...

What a cute town! I love all of the scarecrows.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

What a pretty town! It's always nice when a trip turns into a win win! I say that to the hubs all the time:)

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Kelly: Such a pretty little town. I love to visit and explore towns like that. The scarecrows are wonderful..Happy Friday..Judy

cynthia lee designs said...

What a pretty town Blue Ridge is!! I love visiting places like this and going through the shops.
~Cindy

SImple and Serene Living said...

What a wonderful town, Kelly. I love the scarecrows. I am adding it to my must visit list for when I move to Atlanta next year.

Hugs,
Laura

Anne said...

Kelly what a fun trip! LOVE those scarecrows!
xx
Anne

chateau chic said...

It's so much fun exploring quaint new towns. Looks like a great time!
Mary Alice

Bliss said...

I love looking at scarecrows. There is a big display about an hour from here, but not gonna make it this year. So how was the BBQ?

Bliss

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love Blue Ridge....So glad you had a great time and there were great things for everyone!!!...That is always a good thing!

Betty@SouthernGrace said...

Lovely town. I guess I need to plan a trip there now too :)