Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Trumeau Mirror Makeover

Hello everyone!
 
As you know, I've been on a painting kick to makeover things using French Linen ASCP. Well, now I'm officially out!  Crisis, I tell ya!  So, I thought I'd share the piece that I made over using the last of my liquid gold chalk paint.
 
First, let's start with what it looked like to begin with.
 
 
Do you see that mirror hanging above my dresser in my bedroom?  Well, that's the one that I made over.  I'll show you, later, what is now hanging in its place.
 
Here it is with just the grey paint on it.
 


And here it is with the details painted in white.
 


As you can see, I distressed the raised white areas too. It happened by accident actually, while I was scraping paint off the mirror portion.  I loved it, and decided to continue it all over.  I like happy accidents!!
 
 
Here it is hanging up.........over the fireplace.  (Yep, another mantel change!)
 

 
 

I was really inspired by Des's mirror over at Peeking Thru The Sunflowers.  She has one in her bedroom and dining room that I just love!  Thank you Des for the inspiration! 
 
In addition to hanging this over the mantel, other things moved around as well. 
 Does it ever really stop????
 
In my sitting room, I hung some platters and a mirror with a cross over it.
 


And, I hung an over sized clock on the other wall.
 

 
 I ended up hanging my newest clock (that used to be over the mantel) in the upstairs hallway.  It's bold numbers stood out well up there.

So, there you have it.......once more..........again...........maybe 3rd times a charm!  Oh, that's right, I've changed these rooms more than three times.  Oops!  Well, you know what I mean!

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Kelly ~



Linking to: Wow-Us-Wednesdays 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 


35 comments:

Anne said...

Kelly that mirror is gorgeous!!! Looks so pretty painted now too.All the details really pop out! I do love a mirror over a mantle! I am always inspired by others! YOU have inspired me allot! LOVE that little trophy on your table too!
xx
Anne

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love the finish on that mirror and it looks like the paint chipped naturally. Good job. Love the changes and of course it never stops.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Love the new look of the mirror and of course love all the changes that came with it too! Your home always looks so pretty Kelly!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

The mirror looks great with it's makeover!

chateau chic said...

Your mirror is beautiful, Kelly, and I really like it on your mantel. It's great fun to be able to move things around for a new look!
Mary Alice

Deserae said...

Love the mirror with the touch of white....just beautiful!!! It looks fabulous on your mantle too!You are such a busy little bee :o) Thank you for the shout out!
~Des

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

nice addition with the mirror, it really adds dimension to the mantel and beautifully reflect light!

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Great makeovers, and I love the oversized clock!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Great job, Kelly! The mirror looks great! I know, it just never stops. One thing always leads to another.

Cindy said...

Whoa, what a difference! It looks wonderful. I can't believe i have missed so many of your blog posts. You do such cute and clever things with your home, i'm adding you to my sidebar so i don't miss anymore!

Cindy

Linda said...

It all looks beautiful!! I am looking forward to refinishing some things - like ALL of Louis Dean's bathroom! - after our year with the quads is over! Every time I go home I see more 'projects' I want to do! All in good time!

Blondie's Journal said...

Oh, Kelly! I love it! You are going to have to go out and get more of the paint! I love a mirror over the fireplace, it really opens up a room. The clock is fabulous, too!

XO,
Jane

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Well, id you're running out of things to arrange, I've got many rooms available. :@

The mirror looks pretty over your fireplace.

Keeping It Cozy said...

A beautiful transformation! What a lovely job you did.

Linda said...

What can I say Kelly? Make sure when you purchase more paint that you make it 2 tins instead of one.lol
Love all your changes. You sure have a flare for fashion.

Kim @ French Country Antiques said...

Love the mirror. The white accents sure made it "pop".

Unknown said...

The mirror looks great, and all the soft colours in your rooms are lovely.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Very nice, Kelly. The details are really highlighted now.

Unknown said...

Hahaha.. no it never stops! But that is the beauty of it all.. we decorate and redecorate and it's never boring. Luv the mirror :-)
Cheers, Gee

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Kelly: I always love what you do, it always turns out so well..Happy Tuesday..Judy

Art and Sand said...

I love your transome in the archway and envy your oversized clock. Everything is beautiful.

SImple and Serene Living said...

stop??? why would you stop??? I love the mirror, and all of the changes you are making are wonderful.

Hugs,
Laura

Simply Simplisticated said...

WHOA! Such attention to detail LOVE this mirror!!

Cynthia said...

I love the color of this mirror and how you made it look aged. It is so pretty.

Cynthia

Scribbler said...

You have a great eye for composition and placement. The shot of your FP is fantastic, and I love the way the natural elements like the sticks pick up the tones of the stone.

Now what have you done to the BR? Every time I rob one space for another, it always starts a whole new ballgame!

This N That said...

Another great look..Don't stop..I need the inspiration..

Sandy said...

I'm thoroughly wowed!

~Sandy

Brenda Pruitt said...

I think I may like the mirror best over the mantle. Everything you do looks fantastic!
Brenda

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

I think that color could be the perfect gray. So pretty over your mantel. You must have a very steady hand to be able to highlight the trim in white. Looks incredible!

Bliss said...

Two thumbs up.

Bliss

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Your mirror makeover is beautiful and looks so perfect in your "oh so lovely" living room!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Great job on the mirror Kelly and it looks great on the mantel...I am so glad that you seem to always experience the domino effect too!!....

Anonymous said...

Your mirror looks amazing Kelly! What a great transformation. Love everything you do! x Julie

Jen Orsini said...

The mirror's white embellishment nicely compliments the small detail in your fire place. OK, so now what did you put in your bedroom to replace the 'hole' your got when the mirror went out?

Cheryl said...

Man, I've got to start updating my home... its looking "shabby" and not in a good way lol Your mirror transformation is wonderful!!