Monday, February 16, 2015

New House Exterior Color

Hello everyone!

I'm all smiles now that our house been repainted and spiffed up.  It had been years since our house had been painted and lets just say it showed!  We had some things repaired on our house too such as siding near our chimney replaced, and flashing added to keep the rain water from running down the chimney and mildewing.  We had a window frame repaired that was splitting and our front porch floor stained for the first time.  Our back deck got restained as well.  Our front door got restained a darker color and I couldn't be happier. We even had our driveway and walkway cleaned.  It feels like we live in a brand new house now!  We still need to put out fresh pine straw to make the yard look better and plant a few bushes in front of our front porch but other than that, we're done!  

Ready to take a look?



It was a very cloudy day when I took these pics, so the lighting is not the best.  

This picture shows you more of the color we used.  We used to have a taupe colored house with black shutters.  Now it is a beige color house with olive green shutters.



The white trim used on the porch is a warm white instead of a bright white now.




Here is our darker front door now.  We plan on changing out the door handle to a brushed nickel.  I'm still weeding out all the brass in this house!!



I love our newly stained front porch floor now.  I don't know why we waited so long to do it!


We painted our back french doors and gutters the same color as our shutters too.  I'm liking that change.  They used to be white.  We will also be replacing the light fixture on our back deck.



 The house feels so clean now.  No more peeling paint on the front porch, no more mildew on the siding and shutters, no more bare wood where we replaced it and never repainted it, and no more spider webs!  If you ever think you hate your house, just repaint it and you'll fall in love all over again.  



Here are the paint and stain colors we used:

Sherwin Williams

Body color:  SW 6143 Basket Beige
Shutter and gutter color:  SW 6152 Superior Bronze
trim color:  SW 6154 Nacre
stain color on floor:  SW 3540 Mountain Ash 
stain color on door:  Minwax (don't have name)

I need to contact my painter for the front door stain color.  He used his own stain and didn't leave us the can.  

If you are local and are looking for good painters, let me know.  I can give you the name of who did ours. 

Don't forget the big link up party is coming soon!  Be sure to link up this Wednesday night at 7:00 EST.  


Thanks for stopping by!

~ Kelly ~


42 comments:

Deserae said...

Your home looks gorgeous....love the new colors!!!!!
~Des

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wow, love it!!

Stacey said...

So pretty! I just love the style of your house. Wish they built them that way here.

Debra@CommonGround said...

so pretty! LOVE the style and your windows and shutters are gorgeous! Great choices for colors!

Debby said...

You have a beautiful home. Love the colors.

Debby said...

You have a beautiful home. Love the colors.

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

You have such a pretty home Kelly! I'm loving the updates. Love the green color and the darker front door. I have the same front door. It was stained when we first built the house but it faded so bad. We ended up painting it white. Your dark door makes me think of going darker maybe a charcoaly gray black when I repaint it. Enjoy your new home :-)

Calypso In The Country said...

Love it! You have such a beautiful home!
Shelley

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

The exterior style of your home is so pretty Kelly and the new paint colors look awesome!! I love how you had the french doors and gutters painted to match your shutters!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

It looks wonderful!

NanaDiana said...

Kelly- It looks GORGEOUS!!!! I just love the colors all the way around. You did a wonderful job of pulling the colors together. I love the way the house fits into its surroundings, too.

The nice thing about a cloudy day is that it doesn't wash the color out so you get a truer sense of what color it is. Love it!!!! xo Diana

NanaDiana said...

ps. Meant to add- if you like the way your lockset looks (just not the color) you could spray paint it nickel. I have done that more than once and it really holds up beautifully.

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

What a beautiful house! I love how the exterior looks and y'all picked some pretty colors. Paint really can work magic. I know when we painted the inside of our house, we felt like it was brand new too.

Suzanne said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Yes, clean and crisp. You "done good," as they say!

Pamela said...

Looks beautiful Kelly! Great color choices.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love your color choices and your stained doors! Looks so pretty!

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

Looks SO different. I really like the new colors you picked.

Jane@Bluebird1959 said...

Great new color choices Kelly. The olive shutters are fantastic! I am sure you are loving it. Jane

Junkchiccottage said...

Beautiful Kelly. I love the olive green shutters. Your home is so gorgeous surrounded by the woods too. I could sit out on that sweet porch and rock the day away.
Really pretty.
Kris

20 North Ora said...

Kelly - your new paint job looks great. You have a lovely home. Love the green shutters and your big front porch.

Judy

Ron said...

It is fresh and gorgeous. I love it.

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Your house looks beautiful, Kelly! Love the new colors. I know what you mean about new paint making you fall in love again. Great job!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Your home is so lovely, Kelly! I love the colors...and the photo taken on the porch is just beautiful!

cynthia lee designs said...

Love the color of your house...it's so pretty!!
~Cindy

Unknown said...

What a lovely home! So much "curb appeal!" Love the colors. We'll be painting our home this Spring (if it ever gets here!) Thanks for sharing your colors.

Scribbler said...

Your house looks fantastic! Brand new! Great colors, too. I know you are going to enjoy this.

Linda said...

Oh how beautiful! Your house is gorgeous!
Love the colours you picked!

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Your home is lovely Kelly! Great curb appeal! The colors are perfect and it works nicely with the surrounding area. It's easy to see why you're so happy :).

This N That said...

Love the new colors..Looks beautiful..I would like to know the color of the paint you used in the bathroom..

Cynthia said...

Love the house Kelly. I never thought about painting our French doors the same color of our shutters. Something to think about for the future. Really like the look

Cindy

aarond said...

Beautiful home

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Glad you got it in before the winter storm came!...I love the new color...looks wonderful!!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Well, your house is beautiful. But I can see that if I came to visit you, I'd have to meet you outside. How do you walk up all those steps???
Brenda

SImple and Serene Living said...

IT looks beautiful, Kelly. I know you must be thrilled. xo Laura

Burlap Luxe said...

I could so live here, its so beautiful.

A home to Love ...

Xx
Dore

milena60 said...

Красивый...великолепный дом..от всей души желаю только счастья его обитателям..а я с Донбасса у меня больше дома нет..и ничего больше нет.

Maria Elena said...

Kelly, your home looks amazing! Beautiful choice of colors! Love the stain on the porch flooring. Very, very pretty!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your home is just lovely, Kelly, and the woodsy setting, too.

Anne said...

Love your beautifully painted home! I would LOVE to paint my home inside and out again.It's just not in our budget,and I don't want to do it LOL!

Laura @ duke manor farm said...

looks pretty and so fresh. i think that I mentioned previously, we are hoping to get the house painted some time this year. trying to budget for it...so expensive.

Haydee Simmons said...

Hello Kelly , I just selected SW Basket Beige for the body of my house and SW Steamed Milk for the trim and I have an 9 foot front door that will be painted in SW Raisin, very similar to yours. Today the work begins and I’m exited because now I can visualize the final results by looking at your house. I had some trepidation about the door but now I’m confident. Thank you so much for posting your updates, you have made my day. My home is in Florida, and with the new trend of crazies and dark colors I was so disappointed with what people are doing here. Up north we seldom paint the outside of the house. Most houses have vinyl siding and you select that when you have the house and that is that! But here in the sunshine State we must paint our houses every five years, the sun is a killer of colors.

Amanda said...

Yeah, the after finish form made the house like a brand new one. Love your color scheme. The first color seem shabby and darker but the new selected color was indeed adorable. I saved the photos of your house to compare our house so that we can reach to a decision if we should go for this new color scheme. Thanks for your magnificent exterior color project. Also would like to recommend door and windows repair service, you guys here can get replacement windows in Markham.