Monday, October 19, 2015

My Chandelier "Steal"

Hello everyone!

Did you have a nice weekend?  Mine was very busy but also very fun.  I got a lot done around my house.  One thing that got done was installing this new chandelier in my master bedroom.  I found it while out shopping at an antique store that is very close to my house.  They have a plethora of stuff that you may or may not find something good.  This time I found something VERY good!  This chandelier was originally from Ballard Designs and sold for over $200!  How do I know this?  Well, the dealer left the original sticker on it.  How much did I pay for it?  Just $45!  Oh yeah!  Needless to say, it had to come home with me.  




I decided to hang it in my bedroom because the other one that was in here was too small for the space after we got our king size bed.  (It was purchased when we had a queen size bed).  Also, since my other one was old, some of the lights didn't work properly.  Here is what I used to have.


(I snapped this pic after my husband already started taking it down so the ceiling plate is hanging down.)

So, now I have this much larger grey painted chandelier that fits the space perfectly and all of the lights work!


We put it on a dimmer because it has 12 light bulbs!  When that thing was turned on it looked like we were walking into a lit up ball field at night!


You may have noticed that I made a few other changes to my room.  They were actually made prior to getting this chandelier.  So, the chandelier was just icing on the top!

I brought my swedish style chair in here (from the family room).


I also changed the pillows on my bed.


And I made a pillow change on the chair in the corner of the bedroom.


Now, I LOVE my bedroom!  I think this chandelier change made all the difference.


My husband and I worked on something else in our house that we should've done after we first moved in almost 20 years ago!  I am super excited about it because we now have something that we've needed for so long.   I'll share that with you later this week.

Go forth and have a wonderful Monday!

Thanks for stopping by.

~ Kelly ~


34 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! What a wonderful find and a great deal too!

Laura @ duke manor farm said...

lucky you!!! Looks pretty in your bedroom.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Great score and it looks super! Can't wait to see what else y'all did.

Anne Boykin said...

Hi Kelly, your new chandelier is perfect for your room and what a steal! I'm curious to know what new thing you completed. I love your home and your style.

ANNE said...

love it! and your bedroom is gorgeous!

Eilis said...

It is perfect! Don't you love things twice as much when you get a bargain? Your room is beautiful.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Love that new chandie! What a bargain too!

Unknown said...

What a steal!!! Beautiful too. Now you have me eager to see what else you did this weekend.
I can only wish for a chandelier in my bedroom... it gets way too hot here to not have a ceiling fan.

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

Beautiful chandelier and what a deal!!! You really scored on that one! Good call with the dimmer switch. We have one in our living room and it helps so much when you don't want those bright lights. Love the tall ceilings in your room too.

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Don't you just love deals like that?? Of course you do ;).

It looks perfect! Perfect size, perfect style, perfect everything.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Girl, you stole that chandelier! $45!!!! Wow! It is beautiful and looks perfect in your gorgeous bedroom!!

Deserae said...

Your bedroom is so beautiful! I LOVE your new chandelier, you got a wonderful deal on it too!
Have a great week!!!
~Des

Unknown said...

What a deal! Your bedroom is looking just beautiful, love all the charm it has.

Becca Bertotti said...

Wow, talk about a steal of a deal! You're so lucky! It's beautiful and was meant to be in your bedroom!

This N That said...

Good deal..looks great!!

AntiqueChase said...

what a score! I love it! Marcy

Our Hopeful Home said...

our room is beautiful! Great find on the chandelier! It looks perfect over your bed. I actually liked the old one, too:) I always see old crystal ones I want to buy but 1) they're too expensive and 2) we have very little overhead lighting in our house but for the kitchen area and the basement and my family thinks I'm crazy for wanting chandeliers there! Hopefully one day that will change! I have the same white blanket that's on your chair, love it!xoKathleen

cynthia lee designs said...

Love, love, love...that chandelier!! It looks great in your master bedroom. What a great find!!
~Cindy

Cynthia said...

What a super steal this was!!! I am telling you I have never gotten that lucky, to walk-in a store and something I love being this price. It looks fabulous along with those pillows.

Cindy

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

That chandelier is so you, Kelly! And how wonderful to get such a great deal. It looks gorgeous in your room!

Debra@CommonGround said...

oh Kelly, what a great find for a great price! I envy all you with gorgeous chandies in the bedroom. If I didn't have a ceiling fan, hubby and I both would swelter for most of the year!

Lady Pamela said...

Oh my, I love your new Swedish chair. You have such a great talent for decorating. I am so thankful that you share with up.
*Smiles*

Junkchiccottage said...

Love your new chandy in your bedroom Kelly. Looks great. Love seeing your beautiful bedroom. So cozy and sweet in there.
Kris

Linda said...

It was just waiting for YOU!!!

Joy Junktion said...

That is the perfect chandy for such a beautiful master room. I'm sure you will spruce up the old chandy and do something fun with it! Looking forward to seeing what, long awaited project, you and your hubby completed! Blessings, Cindy

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

This is such a pretty room, Kelly...and the chandelier works perfectly there...great find!

Linda said...

How lovely!
Your room should be in a magazine! Can't wait to see what you have for us next!!!

Maria Elena said...

What an amazing find! It looks beautiful and perfect for your space. xxx Maria

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

Beautiful!!! What a great find and it looks so good in your bedroom. Every time you post about your bedroom it makes me want to paint my bed black. It looks so good! Love the chair in there too!

Life at Still Woods said...

You are going to love your new bedroom. It looks so relaxing and inviting. Just the way a bedroom should be!
Blessings from Lynda at Still Woods Farmhouse

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Love the new chandie! What a beautiful piece in your pretty room! Fits the serene space perfectly! Like the new chair, too! ~Rhonda

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

What a great find! I love how it looks - and those ceilings are amazing! All of your little changes add up to one big WOW!

Sandy said...

It looks fabulous! What a great price! You scored big time on this one!!

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

Beautiful and such a great price. I really like how cozy and inviting your bedroom is.