Friday, March 11, 2016

New Area Rug

Hello everyone!

Happy Friday.  Are you glad it's finally Friday?  I'm just happy that it has been such a pretty week here in GA.  It's been in the high 70's and sunny all week.  I've even started wearing shorts again!  

I recently decided to get another rug for the family room.  It has been years since I pulled up the seagrass rug that stuck to my floor.  Oh what a disaster that was.  The latex backing adhered to my floor and almost ruined it.  So, after scrubbing and cleaning it for hours, I was a little gun shy of putting another rug down.  But, now that I know how to prevent that from happening, I was ready to try again.  This time, I made sure to use a high quality rug pad from Rug Pad USA.  It is made from rubber and won't ruin my floor over time.  I chose a wool tufted rug that is soft on our feet.  It came from Overstock.com.  





It's a grey color with ivory lattice design.  I ordered a large size to fill the space (6x9).  


You may also notice that I moved the yellow out of here.  It moved upstairs to my master bedroom and bathroom.  I've chosen to remain neutral in here with white, grey and black.


I also brought in a lot of mercury glass.  I used a trio on my coffee table and in my glass cabinet.


By adding some pops of black in my mostly grey and white room, I've achieved a serene space.  I'm also enjoying the contrast of modern design with the geometric pillow fabrics and the rustic vintage books and wood accents. 


I've made some more subtle changes in my kitchen, half bath and foyer which I'll share soon.  

I hope that you have a fun weekend planned.  I'm planning on working outside a little bit since my husband has the weekend off (finally)! We may clean up our woods or put out fresh pinestraw. 

Thanks for stopping by.

~ Kelly ~


31 comments:

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

LOVE your new rug, Kelly...it's beautiful in the space! Enjoy the warm weather!

Unknown said...

Love your home

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

your room looks fresh and clean without the yellow. Adding pattern to the floor changes the whole look.

Unknown said...

Happy Friday Kelly! Love your new rug purchase, it looks so cozy. Nothing warms up a space like a soft rug underfoot. We're most likely getting some yard work done this weekend too. It should be nice. Xo

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

It's perfect!!

Christine at Little Brags said...

Kelly, it looks beautiful!!! Great rug!

Stacey said...

Yep, perfect!

Eilis said...

Your new rug looks great there. Enjoy your weekend!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Great new rug! Looks wonderful in your room.

Debra@CommonGround said...

LOVE it, just gorgeous in your space!!

Deserae said...

Love your new rug....very pretty!
Have a great weekend!!!!
~Des

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

Oh, that's a nice rug! The color and design go perfectly in there. I was just thinking about that seagrass rug that stuck to your floor. I remember what a pain it was for you. And oh my goodness...that mirror looks so good in there! It really pops and looks great above your mantel! I like the simple centerpiece with the trio of mercury glass too. Can't wait to see the new changes in your other rooms. You know your kitchen is always a favorite of mine. :) Enjoy your weekend!

R's Rue said...

Pretty
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Barbara @ 21 Rosemary Lane said...

Kelly your living room looks to pretty! I love the rug and the touches of black really grounds the space beautifully! We have been enjoying some fabulous weather here too this week. Hope it continues through the weekend. Have fun with your hubby being home and have a great weekend!
XO Barbara

Linda said...

I like the rug - the whole room looks great!!
I remember y'all putting down pine straw last year. Is that like mulch?
I use bags and bags and bags of cedar mulch here. Mulch covers a multitude of landscaping blemishes!!!!

Blondie's Journal said...

This is so pretty, Kelly, it really adds lot of interest to your living room and compliments your beautiful furniture. Good choice! :)

Jane

Linda said...

Loving that room and that rug!!!
Great choice. Happy to hear that the weather has finally warmed up.
Here too!! Snow all gone!!!

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Perfect! It looks fabulous with your furniture and is a great compliment to your lovely space!

Debra said...

Your living room does look so serene. The rug looks so plush and pulls it all together. I really like how you mix up the geometric pillows with the chippy look.

lala said...

I absolutely love how this room has come together - it's beautiful!!! I have gotten so much inspiration from your posts, especially since I have slowly been transitioning my home from jewel tone colors to a neutral palette of grays & whites.

Art and Sand said...

Your new rug looks great.'

I would love to have a rug in our living room, but all of us, and especially the dog, track sand in daily. I just don't think I could keep it clean.

Enjoy your new look and a day in the garden.

SImple and Serene Living said...

My daughter has that rug. Love it in your room. xo Laura

Rustic Maple Elizabeth said...

The rug looks great in your pretty room. I really like the neutrals and black that you have going and I think it works really well with your greys. Hope you have a great weekend.

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your rug!! My daughter just got the same one for their master bedroom. No working outside here tomorrow...we have storms on the way.
~Cindy

Bliss said...

I love the rug! It looks great in there, perfect.

Becca Bertotti said...

I love your new rug ... perfect anchor for your beautiful room!

Judy said...

I love that rug....it would look great in my daughter's den and she's looking to replace the "old" one David and I "loaned" them when they moved in a few years ago. Would you mind giving me a link to that rug? She needs one pretty big so I'd like to see the sizes it comes in.

BTW, I'm one of the few that like daylight savings, although I don't like losing that one hour over the weekend! I don't think Alabama is looking to opt out, at least not yet. It will be interesting to see how all that turns out.

Enjoy your week!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Love your new rug, Kelly! It ties in so nicely with your new kitchen curtains, too!

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

Whatever changes you make, I always like them. The rug is great-looking, and I like the pillows and the throw against the white.

Unknown said...

I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. I enjoyed every little bit part of it and I will be waiting for the new updates. ikat fabrics by the yard

Area Rug Cleaning said...

Thank for giving such a nice information about carpet cleaning. It's really useful to all. Thanks for the post.

Professional Rug Cleaning Jacksonville
Professional Carpet Cleaner Jacksonville