Friday, November 11, 2016

Sharing a Few Pretties

Hello everyone!

First, I want to wish all veterans a very happy Veterans Day.  With the recent election and turmoil expressed on the streets due to the outcome, I hope that we can take time to remember why we have this great country to live in with the freedom to elect our own president in the first place.  It is because of our veterans.  Never forget!

I recently did some shopping and mentioned in my last post that I would share what I bought.  I am just doing my part to help keep the economy alive and well.  Ha!!!  

At Scottsdale Farms, I purchased this beautiful French looking grain sack tea towel. It is so well made and thick.  I don't actually use it though.  I have it hanging on my oven door.  



Can you see the monogrammed initials?  They are not mine, however.  


I recently found a complimentary towel for my kitchen for Thanksgiving too.  It says Give Thanks.  


It came from a different store though.

I fell in love with this cross on a stand.  I knew, as soon as I saw it, that it would compliment my candlesticks on my mantel. So, that is where it ended up.



I love crowns and crosses, so it couldn't have been more perfect!

Something else that I recently bought (from a different store) were these hand painted wood pieces.  They can be hung on the wall or placed on a table.



  For now, I have hung them on the wall in my foyer.  They aren't very big, so it has been difficult to find just the right place for them. I'm sure these will show up in different places until I'm confident they are in the perfect spot.  I'm so indecisive!

I have a few French style finials and metal sculptures that I recently found too.  I'll be sure to share those in the near future.  

I hope that you have a great weekend!

~ Kelly ~ 

15 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Thank you for keeping our economy alive and well. lol I love the towels! The cross on your mantel is perfect and I really like the little artwork cross and heart. I think the 'glow' around the cross on the wood artpiece is the perfect finishing touch!!! xo Diana

Brenda Pruitt said...

Well, somebody's got to keep the economy alive. And right now, after the bills for Charlie, I can't do it. So you go girl!
Brenda

Christine at Little Brags said...

Super finds Kelly, I love it all. Your house is always so pretty and picked up!!!! GORGEOUS FINDS

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Well, I'm hoping to do my part in helping our economy this weekend. I'll be sure to tell my hubby that's what I'm doing. Ha!

Your mantel looks so pretty with your new cross complementing your candlesticks! And one can never have too many seasonal towels to warm up the kitchen. Love your new little pieces of art, and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who makes lots of holes in the walls while I'm deciding where to hang something.

Have a great weekend, Kelly!

Debra said...

I love all of your new goodies. And you reminded me I had made a Thanksgiving hand towel that I display in my kitchen so I got that out. I just love the wooden cross with the candle sticks and the little wooden pieces of artwork. It is so much fun to decide where they belong. Have a great weekend.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Ooh, I just love, love, love your new metal cross on a stand! What a wonderful piece!

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Love the cross Kelly, and your art pieces are lovely, but I'd expect nothing less from you :).

xxx

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

What a pretty cross on a stand! You've had some good luck shopping lately. It always seems as if I either find everything or nothing at all. Your new towels are very pretty too. I so wish we could shop together! :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful additions to your home Kelly! I especially love the wood painted art, it's so charming! xo

Art and Sand said...

Everything looks so pretty!

I'm glad you are doing your part to help the economy because I have sworn off shopping until I can find spaces to store everything I have, but am not using.

Art and Sand said...

The only way I got Steve to agree to changes in the kitchen was because it is his space. His only question was, "do we have to take out a home loan". When I told him my plans he jumped on board.

As someone who downsized, and loves it, there are definitely things you must give up.

I can't wait to see your finished kitchen.

Junkchiccottage said...

Love all your new treasures Kelly. Those handpainted wall items are beautiful. Happy New Week.
Hugs,
Kris

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

Great finds, Kelly! Enjoy them! I have a thing for dish towels. I like to buy them as souvenirs when I travel.

Ron said...

Nice additions, Kelly!

Unknown said...

i like it :D
mau biet thu
nha xinh