Friday, May 12, 2017

Wall Art in the Family Room

Hello everyone!

I recently upgraded my family room with new furniture, so it was only natural that I would want to update my walls with new artwork as well!  You know how that domino effect works, right?  I had a large industrial style clock face above my mantel but then decided I wanted this extra large (and extra heavy) curvy mirror above it instead.  It is white and chippy and feminine without being overdone.  



Beneath it, is a mix of green textures.  A moss ball and faux magnolia leaves fill a metal container.




I stumbled upon this beautiful wall art at my favorite store, earlier this year, but purchased these online to save some money.  They are from Sweet Gumball and have cute inspirational quotes.  They are framed in distressed barn wood frames and have a very soft color palette of grey and white.  They are the perfect companion to my color scheme and style of decor.


For some reason, they don't show up in pics as well as they do in person.  They are large in size too.

I love this quote!


I also love Sugarboo art.  This one was ordered online as well.  You would be surprised what money you can save not buying from stores that add their mark-up!  


I like how all of these pictures go well together.  They have distressed barn wood frames and inspirational quotes. I no longer have any artwork with pictures or scenery.  I have come to love this style most of all!

I try to offset my white with a lot of texture and wood tones.  My coffee table is a great example of that.  It is a raw wood (actually rough to the touch) and I've added a basket of extra large white flowers, jumbo prayer beads and a wire cloche.  Texture, texture, texture on this table!  


I don't think I will ever tire of the soft neutral color palette as long as I'm able to have fun making subtle changes like this.  

Hope you have a wonderful weekend and a great Mother's Day!

Thanks for stopping by.

~ Kelly ~

10 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

That mirror is wonderful.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Hi Kelly, what a lovely mirror. Your room looks so fresh and pretty. A pleasure to take in the beauty you have created. happy Mother's Day.

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

You KNOW I'm loving this Kelly! Everything you do is stunning...the neutrals, the fabrics, the textures. All of it is gorgeous! I want that mirror :).

Happy Mother's Day to you!

xxx

Debra said...

Everything looks wonderful. You have thought of every detail. I love how you have all of the different textures and stay in the neutral color palette.

This N That said...

Love the mirror..Those pictures go very well together..Enjoy your weekend..

Elizabeth at Eiffel Tells said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth at Eiffel Tells said...

I love the neutral tones of your home. Your latest large purchase sits beautifully amongst your decor. The quote "What if I fall?......." particularly resonated with me. Warm regards, Elizabeth

Decor To Adore said...

Oh what a tranquil space! I adore the "What if I fall" artwork. Just beautiful.

Mgallery said...

To browse through our online gallery is to enter a peaceful digital experience full of inspiration, designed to be simple, white, and minimal. Enjoy viewing our exceptional range of original paintings, stretched canvas prints and fine art prints, Bedroom Canvas wall art from the comfort of your own home.

Urboii said...

Check out our handmade interior decoration selection for the very best in unique collections.Shop Vintage Eastern Brass Jug, Vintage Brass Wooden Horse Figurine, Rustic Double Drawer Organizer, Vintage Brass Copper Wooden Duck Box, Om Yoga Mat Wooden Knob Wall hook (white), Yellow Dog Leash Holder, Canvas Wall Hanging,Wooden Knob Wall hook and many more..