Friday, August 18, 2017

The Easiest Chicken Recipe You'll Ever Make

Hello everyone!

It has been awhile since I last posted.  I've been dealing with some terrible health issues!  I'm happy to report, though, that I'm feeling MUCH better now and can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

First, I injured my shoulder at the gym (I think) and it is almost well now.  It has taken about 4 weeks to finally feel better! I haven't seen a doctor about it though because I was plagued with other problems that took precedence.   As some of you probably know I suffer from ulcerative colitis and some other auto immune diseases.  I took Remicade for about a year and felt like a new person! But that all changed when I developed terrible joint stiffness and pain in my wrists, fingers, knees and ankles.  I was plagued with fatigue and discomfort.  I thought it was caused by low estrogen since I'm a woman of a certain age and was experiencing some dramatic hormone changes.  But, after hormone replacement therapy didn't help, my gynecologist suggested that I see my rheumatologist.  I was tested for drug induced lupus that can be caused by Remicade.  Long story short, I tested positive and am now taking medication to help me deal with the symptoms until the Remicade is completely out of my system (which can take up to 6 mos.).  So, by Christmas time, I should be back to my old self and will have to figure out a new long term treatment in place of Remicade.  I can no longer take that drug.  (insert sad face) This happens to be a rare occurrence.  Go figure that it would happen to me.  I now have a profound empathy for those suffering from systemic lupus.  It is HORRIBLE!  Mine will thankfully (hopefully) go away forever.  But some live with it most of their adult lives as it affects mostly young women.  

With all of that in mind, I wanted to share a very easy recipe for chicken that tastes like you've been slaving away in the kitchen all day but really it only takes a couple of minutes to put together. This is a great recipe for people that don't feel like doing a lot of cooking!  The oven does all the work for you!  

It's called No Peek Chicken.  Have you heard of it?  

It looks like this, when it's done.  

    source


I forgot to take a pic of mine after it was cooked. 

Here's how you make it.

Gather these simple ingredients:


The only other ingredient not pictured is 2 cans of water.  

Mix soups, water, and rice mix together.


Pour into a 9 x 13 baking dish.


Add chicken breasts.



Cover with foil. 


Place in oven at 350 degrees for 2 1/2 hrs. No peeking while it's cooking! 

Then, it will look like this.  It is SO good and SO easy!  The only down side to this recipe is that it takes a while to cook.  But there really is NO work needed.  You can serve this with a side vegetable and you have a delicious meal.  Give it a try!  



Click HERE for the complete (printable) recipe.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

~ Kelly ~

14 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I am so sorry to hear about your health issues, but glad that you found the treatment that is working. That dish sounds really good.

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

So sorry about your health issues, hope you will be feeling much better soon. i have arthritis and it is a terrible thing to get. Take care of your self.

Thank so much for this great recipe - will try it as soon as our weather cools down, don't turn the oven on unless I have to. LOL

Have a wonderful pain free weekend.

Mary

Calypso In The Country said...

I hope you are feeling better! This recipe looks like something my boys would love - definitely trying it! Enjoy your weekend!
Shelley

Brenda Pruitt said...

Looks great! I just received a couple boxes of the rice from a Walmart order. I love wild rice! I'm sorry for the health issues. My shingles has reared its ugly head again. Have a great weekend!
Brenda

NanaDiana said...

I am so sorry you are dealing with health issues like that, Kelly. I was tested years ago and I had all the markers but not the blood work to support lupus. You are right -it is a horrible disease. I have some auto-immune issues, too, but haven't had a flare in about 5 years--my body is in a restive state. I had my first bad flare when I was almost 40 and it was horrible. I hope they can find something that works long term for you.

I make something very similar to your no-peek chicken and add a can of chopped water chestnuts and it gives it just a bit of 'crunch'. Hope you have a wonderful, pain-free weekend. xo Diana

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Kelly,
Sorry about the drug induced Lupus symptoms. I have some auto immune issues and I am going to have them test me again for specific diseases. I have been so tired and all my joints have been bothering me and usually in the summer months I do not have an issue with this. This summer it has been pretty bad. This chicken recipe sounds yummo. I love a one dish meal like this. So easy to make and put right in the oven. Will be trying this out soon. Thanks for sharing. Happy Weekend.
xoxo
Kris

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

I'm so sad you are experiencing such horrible health problems Kelly! It's terrible that some of the so called cures make things worse, but it's difficult to be without them sometimes. I noticed you hadn't posted as usual and was just hoping you were enjoying your summer doing fun things. :(.

Thank you for sharing yet another fabulous looking recipe!

xxx

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

I sure hope you can find new meds to help with your health issues. At least you now have something to help with the symptoms. Hopefully by Christmas they will have a new plan in place and you'll feel like a new woman. I've been sending good vibes your way and will continue to do so. :) This chicken looks fabulous! I can almost smell it through my screen! I love easy recipes like this. I'm making my Cafe Rio chicken in the crock pot as we speak and my house is starting to smell so good.

Debra said...

I am sorry to hear you have been having health issues. It can be so difficult when you are not feeling well. I will certainly be trying this recipe out. Have you ever tried it in the crock pot?

Debra@CommonGround said...

I love this chicken recipe. It's been a staple around my house and was even when I was growing up. Everyone always loves it. Kelly, I was starting all kinds of Autoimmune symptoms, but my blood test results were low, so no meds. But I went Gluten Free and most of my symptoms have really quieted down, even my digestive system problems. I'm still having some RA symptoms and those numbers are borderline, but my joints aren't near as swollen and painful since I changed my diet. Gluten (also milk and corn) is the big problem with autoimmune inflammation. If you have time Google Gluten Free and Autoimmune Disease and you will be amazed. Hope you're feeling better soon!

This N That said...

Lupus is a devastating disease..My BIL had it..Glad yours is reversible..The chicken dish looks great..Surprised it takes so long to cook..I'll have to try it..Hope you are soon better..

Suzanne said...

I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well! I hope you continue to improve. Prayers for you. Thanks for the recipe. Now I know what I'm making for dinner!

UplayOnline said...

don't turn the oven on unless I have to. LOL


หีฟิต

Impressionville said...

I hope you doing well now. and thanks for sharing this amazing recipe with us I liked it I will try it anytime. For food packaging, you can visit Impression Ville