Saturday, December 10, 2011

How did this happen?

I ask this question to myself many times.  My oldest son just turned 18!  How did this happen?!  He's so grown up now.  His birthday was last Thursday, Dec. 8th.  Gosh, he's old enough to vote now!  He's no longer considered a minor.  Yikes! 


(Sorry for the poor quality of this photo.  It was in a crowded restaurant.)

We celebrated by going out to a restaurant of his choice.  He chose a BBQ restaurant called Jim & Nicks.  They have great food! 


We got him a cookie cake from The Great American Cookie Co.  He prefers those over cakes.  He loves his truck, so we had his cake decorated with one.  Ha! We were so full from our dinner, we almost didn't have room for it.


We gave him an I-phone for his birthday.  He loves it! 

Hope everyone is enjoying some rest now after a long week of blog parties.  I know I am.

  I've been cleaning out our basement and garage trying to restore some order and get rid of things we no longer use. It has been way over due!

Have a great weekend!

~ Kelly ~ 



13 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

Happy Birthday to your handsome young man! Time sure does fly. We have a Jim and Nicks here too, love it. Have a great weekend Kelly!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Sending Birthday wishes to your handsome young man!! Kelly love that second shot of you guys!! Martina

Pondside said...

Just like that old song says 'Turn around and they're tiny, turn around and they're grown, turn around and he's a young man...'

Amy Chalmers said...

Aww, he is handsome and now a man! My baby is 20...time flies for sure.

Tanna said...

Happy, Happy belated birthday to your handsome son!! Yes, Kelly, they grow up so fast!! It hardly seems right! LOL! blessings ~ Tanna

Melissa Miller said...

Happy Birthday to Cody! He is a handsome young man. You sure don't look like you could have an 18 year old Kelly. :)

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Belated Happy Birthday Cody!!

rachel@Acts of Life said...

Happy Birthday to your son... He looks like you. That cookie looks yummy too!...Rhyming was unintentional lol

All That Glitters said...

Happy Birthday to your son!! He's a cutie! You are so pretty Miss Kelly!

Babs said...

Kelly, Surely this is your brother..:) you don't look old enough to be his mother. LOL, thanks for sharing Cody's birthday dinner. Happy Birthday, Cody!! Enjoy your I phone.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Happy Birthday to your son, Kelly! The time sure does creep up on ya! You don't even look old enough to have a son his age! The wonderful thing is...he'll still need his mama!

d e l i g h t said...

They do grow up so fast! My boy just turned 29 and I can still remember the day he was born. When I saw the first photo I thought it must be a friend of your son, then realized it is YOU!
A cute cookie cake!

Michele Smith said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your son! I hope he had a great day.
My babies are growing up too fast too.