Friday, April 1, 2016

Bank Bag Makeover

Hello everyone!

I mentioned, recently, that I was going to try my hand at making a pillow from a bank bag.  I got the idea after seeing some for sale at an antique market.  But, once I received the bank bag, I realized my pillow wasn't going to turn out as cute as the ones that I saw for sale.  So, I displayed it temporarily until I could find a better use for it.  

I found a way to incorporate the graphics from the bank bag onto something else instead.





I already had this canvas bucket in storage that I wasn't using.  I realized that the bank bag material was the same.  So, I decided to cut the words off the bag and use fabric glue to attach them to this bucket. 


I placed some lettering on the front and side.  I like how they look like patches.

I then filled it with some curly willow and placed it in my family room.


And just out of camera range was my sleepy buddy!


He's in a deep sleep here with his eyes rolled back.  He didn't even care that I was setting up a camera around him.  He's getting old and his hearing isn't what it used to be.


Next week is Spring Break for my youngest son.  So it will be nice to have a more relaxed schedule for a change.  My oldest son, in college, is down at Miami Beach, FL right now!  His break was this week.  He and his best friend flew down there and rented a car.  They even drove to Key West the other day since they were looking for better weather.  Sounds like he's making the most of his Spring Break!  

Hope you have a nice weekend!

~ Kelly ~

16 comments:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Great idea, Kelly!

I managed a bank for years - I kinda chuckled at seeing that used as such.

Those bank bags get pretty danged dirty with use, that's for sure - bleh - money is so filthy.

I used one years ago as a gift bag. I forgot all about that till now - they were some old retired ones we found in a historic bank's basement they said I could have. Wish now I would have kept them. : - )

Happy April - have a wonderful weekend.

Deserae said...

What a clever idea....so cute!!!!!!
Have a great weekend....
~Des

Brenda Pruitt said...

Very cute idea, Kelly!
Brenda

Christine at Little Brags said...

kisses to sleeping buddy!!!!! Love the B&w pillows !!!!!

NanaDiana said...

What a cute idea, Kelly. I love seeing things like this -something repurposed in a way most people would never think of using it. I love graphics on anything. Happy April to you- xo Diana

JoAnne said...

I really like how you used the bank bag - graphics like that add so much character. Enjoy your week with your son. Hope you have some pretty spring weather!

Debra said...

That was a good idea to use the lettering from the bag like that. Cute. And little sleepy pup is so precious.

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

You made the most of the situation and came up with something totally clever and unique. For certain you won't see this anywhere else! It looks great. :)

I'm sure your son and his friend are having a great time...oh, to be young again ! ;).

xxx

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

I had to come back and tell you that I received the exact same spam comment on my blog as you did. They really make the rounds!

xxx

Jane@Bluebird1959 said...

Oh so cute Kelly!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

That's a clever use of your bank bag, Kelly! The curly willow adds a nice touch of nature to your room. Your photo assistant looks plum worn out!

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

Sounds like your son knows how to do spring break up right! Bet he's having a ball. We had our spring break already and it was a much welcomed break, indeed. I like how you ended up using the bank bag. Very clever to cut off the words and attach them to the bucket. Max is such a cute blog assistant!

Art and Sand said...

I have never seen a bank bag to buy, but now you have me wanting one.

Unknown said...

I just love this Kelly!! It's so cute and creative. We're on Spring break here this week too. Have a lovely week with your son.xo

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

The bucket came out great - what a clever idea! Hope you are enjoying spring break! Ours isn't until two weeks from now. Love the shot of your dog!

Bliss said...

Hey you crafted!