Friday, March 31, 2017

Master Bathroom Makeover Reveal

Hello everyone!

I'm finally ready to share my master bathroom makeover with you!  It took about 2 1/2 weeks to complete but we're so happy with the results.  I am glad it's finally done because it was noisy, dusty, smelly and messy to get it done!  It took many trips to Floor and Decor and Home Depot to get it accomplished.  We hired someone to do the work and also a plumber to handle the tub hook-up since our plumbing was done over 21 years ago and it was built into the tub itself!  Can you say ca-razy??

So, here it is.  



Here is a BEFORE.


In fact, that isn't even a real before because we had already changed out the counters, sinks and mirrors. We also increased the height of our vanities by building the cabinets up a bit.   But at least you can see the old flooring and tile around the tub etc.

We went to Floor and Decor to purchase most of our materials.  We chose porcelain tile wood looking flooring.


It's a great contrast with all of the white in the room.  

We had our counters and sinks updated with granite in a grey color and white square shaped under mount sinks.  


We used Atlanta Stone Creations for all of our counters and sinks. They also do light carpentry work if necessary to fit the project. They did a great job and I highly recommend them if you're looking to do the same thing.  They even work outside the state of GA!  Who knew? 

We chose subway tile with dark grey grout for the shower and tub area.


The floor and shower niches in the wall were tiled in a small hexagonal white tile for texture and contrast.


We had the front of the tub covered in bead board paneling and some thick trim was added to break it up.


We replaced our old tub faucet with this goose neck style that is part of the Delta Porter collection.  It matches our other faucets too.


We replaced the mirrors above the sinks with these black framed ones from Home Goods.


We also replaced a hanging light fixture in here with this petite chandelier.


So what do you think? I took these pics on a cloudy day so unfortunately, they're not as bright as I would like.  But I think you can see it well enough.  It's very neutral and classic.  We still have to paint the cabinets.  We're dreading that since we have to take the doors off and spray them.  Ugh!  My husband will take care of that.  We may need to wait for the pollen to go away before doing that too.

I hope you liked seeing our completed project.  We couldn't have done it ourselves since the work was very tedious (especially the shower).  The shower had some leakage problems that had to be addressed and a new shower pan had to go in. Water drainage issues had to be improved so we were careful to get it done properly this time.  Our tub faucet required some carpentry to be done underneath the tub and soldering had to be done with our copper pipes.  We were thankful to have knowledgeable people work for us in a timely fashion and not be overly expensive.  

This type of project is not for the first-time DIY'er!  If you're planning on an extensive bathroom makeover be sure you know what you're doing. Mistakes are costly!  

Hope you have a great weekend! My husband and I are spending the weekend away together to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. 

~ Kelly ~ 


  

22 comments:

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

That looks fantastic- you must be so happy with it! Love the flooring and the beautiful tiling. The black framed mirror is perfect. Happy 30th Anniversary- enjoy your weekend! We will be celebrating our 39th soon- time flies doesn't it!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

It turned out wonderful! Happy Anniversary!

Stacey said...

This looks great!! Your sinks and faucets are so pretty. Love the way you've styled the window too. That sheer curtain is nice.

This is definitely not for DIY newbies. :)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

The Master Bath turned out beautiful Kelly!!!...love the new tile and that "petite chandy" Kudos to you and your hubby for a job well done!!! Have a great weekend and Happy Anniversary!!!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

It looks great and I love the dark grout with the subway tile. Have a fabulous time this weekend!

Katie Mansfield said...

It is gorgeous. Leaks are terrible and they were the catalyst for our bathroom remodel 4 years ago. Your tub looks great. The new front really updates it.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

It's gorgeous. Love your tile choices.

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

There are so many things about this that I love...the counter tops, the chandelier, the flooring. I know it's not new, but I even noticed the tub has arm rests, which really come in handy!

I'm wondering why you're planning on painting the Cabinets? What color? (Sorry if I somehow missed that explanation.)

This N That said...

Looks wonderful..Love the floors and Countertops..I wouldn't paint the cabinets...I'd love to put those floors in my bathroom..

This N That said...

PS..Happy Anniversary

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

You've created a dreamy master bath with the choices you've made, Kelly! I love it all, from the floors to the chandelier.

Happy Anniversary!

Debra said...

I love all of your choices. The flooring looks fantastic and I have always been a fan of subway tile. It is a classic bathroom.

Cindy Lou said...

Terrific job !!

Maria Elena said...

It is gorgeous! What a beautiful master bath you have created. Enjoy your weekend!

http://decoratedchaos.blogspot.com said...

Your bathroom looks great. It is so pretty!

Jill said...

Hi Kelly, I wanted to stop by to tell you how much I appreciate your prayers for my surgery last Monday. Diana posted a prayer request on her blog and I am full of gratitude! I am slowly recovering but wanted you to know how very much I appreciate you thinking of me. :-) Your bathroom looks lovely! Hope you have a wonderful week, I look forward to following your blog and getting to know you better :-)


blessings,
Jill

Laurel Stephens said...

Wow! You did such a fabulous job on your bathroom remodel. I love your shower and your floor and... well, everything!

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

I'm really impressed! You sure have a knack for picking out colors/textures in your decor. That floor is my favorite part and I still love that seamless shower enclosure. I know you're so glad all that work is done and now you can sit back and enjoy it.

Christine at Little Brags said...

DROOLING....NUFF SAID!!!!

asaadatmandi said...

Gorgeous! Can you tell us what the paint color/brand is on the walls?

priyan said...

I need to thank you for this very good read and I have bookmarked to check out new things
from your post. Thank you very much for sharing such a useful article and Will definitely save and revisit your site.

Bathroom remodel Lubbock