Friday, August 29, 2014

Bathroom Makeover

Hello everyone!

Can you believe that there is a room in my house that I've hardly shown you?  It's our upstairs hall bathroom that my kids share.  It has been the same way for years (yes there are some rooms I leave alone) so it was high time to give it a makeover.  Since the room is used by boys, I needed to keep it masculine.  But, since I also want it to flow with the rest of the house, I chose a simple neutral color scheme.  You see, it used to be bright!  I forgot to take a full room "before" shot, but here is the apple green paint color on the walls.

Before


I grabbed my camera just as I was getting ready to paint over the green.  At one time, it was very juvenile in style since it was for 2 little boys.  Now my sons are 13 and 20 so it was time to give them a more grown up bathroom.  

I chose a grey and white color scheme.  No surprise there, huh!

After


The new color has completely transformed this room!  I used Revere Pewter by Benjamin Moore on the walls.  Did you know that the guy at the paint store told me that it was the most popular color with that brand?  I know I've seen it used all over blogland and now I know why.  It's such a pretty shade of grey.


I bought a new shower curtain from Target, as well as soap dispenser and toothbrush holder.


I plan on replacing the shower curtain rod with a silver one too.  This one has seen better days.  

I hung fluffy white towels and a white bath rug sits in front of the vanity (not shown).


I'm thinking about painting the peg rack black too.  Not loving the pine wood in there.

Now, if it was in the budget, I'd love to replace the full size mirror with a black framed smaller mirror and tile the floor in small black and white penny tiles.  But..........this will have to do for now.

So, there you have it!   A much cleaner looking and more grown up space for my two sons to use now.

I love this color so much, that now I plan on repainting my master bathroom in it!  

Thanks for stopping by.

~ Kelly ~

38 comments:

JoAnne said...

It looks great, Kelly. That is a wonderful shade of gray. I really like the wire baskets on the wall!

Anonymous said...

Your bathroom does look very grown up and just beautiful!

TheMoonAndMe said...

Great refresh! You know...you could get some molding, painted black...and attach it to your existing mirror...makes a HUGE difference and it's just a few bucks! :)
Kelly

Stacey said...

Looks great! We have a bathroom that is laid out just like that.I like what you did above the toilet. That spot always confuses me.

Jane@Bluebird1959 said...

So nice, Kelly. Doesn't Target have the best shower curtains?! Jane

Unknown said...

I just redid my son's bathroom in his choice of colours as well. Grey, white, brushed nickel and black. Surprisingly, I luv it!! Ingot most of my supplies at Tuesday Mornings.
Looks great!
Hugs, Gee

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love the change and I do love penny tiles. Won't take much for that space so maybe later y'all can do it.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

It looks wonderful, Kelly! Love the new shower curtain, too. I am sure the boys are loving the new changes!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Great transformation! That is a great color.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

The bathroom looks great!! Love the wire baskets on the wall!

Junkchiccottage said...

Kelly,
The bathroom looks so great. Love that shade of grey. Love the new shower curtain too.
Kris

Deserae said...

Looks great....love the new paint color!!! Have a great weekend :o)
~Des

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Very nice change Kelly...painting the peg towel holder black would look great!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Looks fresh and lovely! Paint can make such a difference!

Art and Sand said...

A nice update a masculine bathroom.

AntiqueChase said...

looking for a paint color to paint the laundry room and will get a sample of this. it really did transform your room! I would paint the towel rack too!

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

Wow! Their bathroom layout is exactly like my guest bath! I love the new paint color. Target seems to have the best selection of shower curtains. I also like the idea of black and white penny tiles on the floor. My boys used to have a very bright bathroom too. It had royal blue paint on the walls, a fish shower curtain, Rainbow Fish artwork, and all kinds of fishy accessories. :)

Katie Mansfield said...

Penny tiles would be fun. I have a black and white tile floor in the kid's bath. I will have to try the Revere Pewter. It is all over blogland. Have a great holiday weekend.

Laurel Stephens said...

Your bathroom redo came out great. I love the grey and white color scheme.

White Lace and Promises said...

Pour in the bubbles for a soak in the tub. I could relax her. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

That is a great makeover. I really like the shower curtain and the Revere Pewter is what I am considering for our main floor parts that are not white (or Gray Owl half tint is the second choice.) I have had the paint chips up for a week and may have to commit to a sample pot. I agree with painting the peg hook.

cynthia lee designs said...

Looks great, Kelly! We hope to start our bathroom remodeling within the next couple of weeks.
~Cindy

chateau chic said...

Your bathroom looks great, Kelly. Love the color you chose for the walls.
Mary Alice

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Excellent job- love the coloring. Benjamin Moore is my favorite paint- I've used just about every brand but nothing compares to BM. I like the shower curtains and the wall baskets. The tile flooring idea is great and it's a classic style so I'm sure when you're ready you can get it done just how you want.

Moni - Zuhaus at Home said...

The bathroom looks great, love the neutral color and the new accessories. Your boys will love it!

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

It's very pretty Kelly! I'm loving grays at the moment. I'm finding most colors look good with it. I love Targets bathroom selections. Great job girlfriend. Happy Saturday!

Cynthia said...

Gorgeous makeover and love the color choice Kelly!

Cindy

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

It looks wonderful, Kelly! I have been thinking of painting our guest bath gray but haven't found the right color. Thanks for the tip on Revere Pewter.
Hugs,
Sherry

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Looks great! I have that paint chip in my bathroom right now, its my next project :)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

A great sophisticated bathroom for two young men!...Love the color you chose!

Bliss said...

Great update for the male species. Mine tend to like no fuss so I bought all white towels for them too. I'm gonna have to take a peek at that color since it's a popular one. I have trouble picking so I should just follow everyone else's lead.

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Sophisticated, stylish and 'manly'. Great choices Kelly!

must love junk said...

Amazing what a little paint can do! (Wish I painted-ha!) Your bathroom looks great!
Susan

Linda said...

I love it, too!!! I am going to have to get me some of that paint!!!

Olive said...

I love grey too. If I ever repaint the inside of our house I will keep this color in mind.

Anne said...

Love your transformation!

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

The paint color made such a dramatic difference! It looks great!

Jaybird said...

Your bath is wonderful for your boys!!! Those wall baskets are GREAT!!
Grey is a good color for young men, but I am in love with the green....would you by chance remember the name of that one???
Many thanks for any assistance!
Blessings,
J